Tanzania Conservation Safari
June 20 – 30, 2022
To participate on this trip, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you may be eligible for. In many cases, this means you must be boosted before travel. Please upload a copy of your Covid Vaccination Card here.
Please note that this trip will require participants to:
- Walk at least one mile without difficulty on uneven surfaces
- Spend extended periods of time on their feet
- Climb sets of stairs without assistance
- Keep pace with an active group of travelers
- Ride comfortably in a vehicle on bumpy roads for extended periods of time
HEALTH INFORMATION & IMMUNIZATIONS
Prior to travel, Elevate Destinations strongly recommends that you look into recommended immunizations for your time in Tanzania. Given that we are not a licensed Health Care provider, we cannot advise travelers on which immunizations they may need. We recommend that all travelers do the following:
- Check that your health insurance covers you in Tanzania.
- Consult with a travel clinic or your primary care physician regarding immunizations or other precautions you may need to take in order to participate in this journey. You will need to do this well in advance of your trip as some vaccinations require time to take effect, and you may need to allow time between a series of shots.
- Visit the CDC Health & Safety Guide for Tanzania to view recommended vaccines and medicines, travel health notices for the region, and other tips for staying healthy and safe.
Your guide will give you current briefings on safety while in-country, but here are some basic ground rules for safety while traveling:
- Keep all valuables in the hotel safe.
- Avoid flashing money. Be mindful of your belongings at all time. Keep bags in front of you in crowds, and on your lap when at restaurants.
- Pay attention: avoid walking around with your smartphone in hand.
- Be vigilant when crossing roads.
- Stick with the group.
- Always make sure that others know of your whereabouts and movements.
- Avoid street protests or large gatherings.
- Do not wear expensive or sentimentally valuable jewelry while traveling.
- Let your guide know if you have any safety concerns.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can better assist you in case of an emergency.