Elevate Destinations is looking for team members with backgrounds in sustainable travel and a good knowledge of global humanitarian issues. Please see below for available positions.
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT MANAGER OF SOCIAL IMPACT JOURNEYS:
We are a dynamic, socially responsible travel company striving to bring more meaning, perspective, and positive impact into the lives of our travelers while respecting local destinations and communities. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can assist with managing trips and bring new ideas and introspection to our tightly knit Group Travel team. This position requires superb organization, attention to detail, customer service skills, creative problem-solving, excellent judgment, close collaboration and eloquent communication skills.
Applicants should have experience in at least three of these five categories to be considered for this position:
- Experience in the travel industry
- Event and/or travel logistics management
- Customer service
- Extensive travel in developing countries
- Group leadership
- Plan and manage international trips annually that are aligned with our client’s specific goals.
- Manage high-level communications and expectations-setting with clients, international partners and suppliers.
- Managing working relationships with subcontractors in foreign countries.
- Establish timelines for each trip, and manage the process execution of each deliverable in collaboration with clients, suppliers, and Elevate team members.
- Manage itinerary planning, vetting, and execution.
- Manage logistical components of trip execution, including but not limited to coordinating site visits, selection of venues, meals or catering, audio/visual rentals, travel arrangements, hotel room blocks, and all other vendor relations for each trip.
- Coordinate invoicing and payments with clients and vendors.
- Establish Emergency Protocols for each trip.
- Create and oversee travel budgets – from quoting to reconciliation post-trip.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and internal processes.
- Maintains and updates electronic records and databases.
- Identify opportunities for product improvement including new areas for positive social impact.
- Collect feedback after each trip, and integrate lessons learned.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to management for improving efficiency and effectiveness of operational and travel related processes.
Comprehensive Traveler Support
- Develop a warm rapport with travelers and provide excellent customer service that is developed through truly knowing your customers’ needs and wanting them to have an amazing experience (150+ travelers a year).
- Collect all traveler details and payments.
- Provide rapid response to all travelers’ questions, inquiries, and concerns.
Research and Create Supporting Materials
- Coordinate with clients and our graphic designer to create marketing materials for each trip.
- Use WordPress to create and edit online materials and portals for travelers.
- Research and format logistical travel guides and detailed itineraries for each trip.
- Support formatting, editing, and proofreading other materials as necessary.
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail and editing prowess.
Trip Management and Mobile Event Management
- Ability to travel internationally 2 or more times a year.
- Independently manage trips for travelers that are off the beaten track in developing countries.
- Manage all ground logistics from A to Z, showing resourcefulness and poise.
- Ability to simultaneously advance a trip into the next phase while maintaining the quality of a trip from beginning to end.
- Ability to identify the most pressing objectives and prioritize them on an ongoing basis.
- Attend networking conferences and events.
- Help execute the logistical aspects of events and workshops.
- Conduct research on marketing and business developments matters related to travel and events.
- Manage company LinkedIn strategy, maintain company page, and support the team in optimizing their profiles effectively.
- Develop writing content that complements the goals of the marketing strategy.
- Based in the Boston area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated project management skills, project planning, scheduling and tracking
- Logistical prowess and attention to detail
- Advanced ability to collaborate and be an enthusiastic and encouraging team player
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Event management experience
- Superb critical thinking and excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player, with a developed capacity to be flexible and adapt to change
- Desire and confidence to work with a tight knit hard working team that strives for continuous improvement
- Extensive travel experience in developing countries
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally for weeks at a time
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Pages, and PowerPoint), Google Docs, DropBox
- U.S. work authorization
Commensurate with prior experience
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position they are applying to in the subject heading.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, to apply.
About Elevate Destinations:
Elevate Destinations is a leader in eco luxury travel, creating new ways for travelers to make a difference worldwide. The company was founded and operates as a social enterprise: philanthropy and positive social and environmental impact are key to their mission. Elevate Destinations has pioneered the field of donor travel and is able to provide responsible travel to any region of the globe. They encourage people to travel sustainably and design each trip conscientiously, facilitating travelers to fully experience, understand and protect destinations and the people who live there. http://elevatedestinations.com/