Elevate Destinations will be hiring for an experienced, full-time Associate Manager of Social Impact Journeys in 2022. If you would like to be considered for this position please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis and will offer preliminary interviews for qualified applicants. We do not currently have a start date for this position but anticipate needing a quick turnaround for our next hire and will be working from a shortlist of vetted applicants that we are beginning to source now.
Associate Manager of Social Impact Journeys
We are a dynamic, socially responsible travel company striving to bring more meaning, perspective, and positive impact into the lives of our travelers while respecting local destinations and communities. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can support our growing Social Impact Journeys program. The Social Impact Journeys Team partners with international nonprofits and foundations to manage and support the design of their donor trips; trips for their supporters and community members to experience the work they support on the ground, to more deeply connect and engage with the people, the destination and the mission.
We seek a motivated self-starter who will bring previous logistical experience, sustainable practices, and introspection to our tightly-knit Group Travel team. This position requires creative problem-solving, excellent judgment, superb organization, attention to detail, and eloquent communication skills.
Applicants should have experience in at least three of these four categories to be considered for this position:
- Experience in the travel industry
- Event and/or travel logistics management
- Content or curriculum development in the field of experiential learning
- Strong understanding of sustainability and international development
- Plan and manage international trips annually that are aligned with our client’s specific goals.
- Manage high-level communications and expectations-setting with clients, international partners and suppliers.
- Establish project timelines for each trip, and manage the execution of each deliverable in collaboration with clients, suppliers, and Elevate team members.
- Manage logistical components of trip execution, including but not limited to coordinating site visits, selection of venues, meals or catering, audio/visual rentals, travel arrangements, hotel room blocks, and all other vendor relations for each trip.
- Coordinate invoicing and payments with clients and vendors.
- Establish and coordinate emergency protocols for each trip.
- Create and oversee travel budgets and reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and internal processes.
- Maintain and update electronic records and databases.
- Work with the Social Impact Journeys team to determine areas of product improvement including additional areas for positive social impact.
- Collect feedback after each trip, and integrate lessons learned. Identify touchpoints for the Business Development team to follow-up for future account development.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to management for improving efficiency and effectiveness of operational and travel-related processes.
- Identify savings opportunities, service enhancements, and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead virtual traveler orientation calls.
Comprehensive Traveler Support
- Develop a warm rapport with travelers and provide excellent customer service that is developed through truly knowing your customers’ needs and wanting them to have an amazing experience (150+ travelers a year).
- Collect all traveler details and payments.
- Thoughtfully respond to all travelers’ questions, inquiries, and concerns within 24 hours.
Research and Create Supporting Materials
- Coordinate with clients and our graphic designer to create marketing materials for each trip.
- Use WordPress to develop online trip materials.
- Research and format logistical travel guides and detailed itineraries for each trip.
- Support formatting, editing, and proofreading other materials as necessary.
Trip Management and Mobile Event Management
- Ability to travel internationally independently 2 or more times a year.
- Manage trips that are off the beaten track in developing countries.
- Manage all ground logistics and move trips forward from beginning to end, showing resourcefulness and poise.
- Ability to identify the most pressing objectives and prioritize them on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct advance trips without supervision for clients needing to develop content, reach strategic goals, and investigate venues
Support On-boarding of New Hires
- Actively create workshops and sessions to support new hires’ onboarding and learning including training people in the field.
- Assist in supporting junior hires’ development through in-country training and shadowing you on emails, meetings, and calls. Provide time to debrief new hires on pre and post-meeting/event planning
- Bring anything of note to your supervisor’s attention that needs further support or training.
Business Development / Event Strategy
- Attend networking conferences and events when appropriate.
- Work in close collaboration with VP of Business Development to create content, graphics, and events that increase visibility and sales.
- Develop written content that complements marketing strategy goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Open to remote locations
- 3 years of relevant work experience in event and/or travel management
- Demonstrated project management, project planning, scheduling, and tracking skills
- Logistical prowess and attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Superb critical thinking and excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player, with a developed capacity to be flexible and adapt to change
- Desire and confidence to work with a tight-knit hard working team that strives for continuous improvement
- Travel experience in developing countries
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Pages; Google Docs
- U.S. work authorization
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Hubspot or another CRM system
- Social media skills, particularly with LinkedIn
- Financial acumen and budget management
- Group facilitator and program leader experience
- Tour management experience
$50,000 and commensurate with prior experience
Remote – within three hours of Eastern US time zone
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, to apply.
ABOUT ELEVATE DESTINATIONS:
Elevate Destinations is a leader in eco-luxury travel, creating new ways for travelers to make a difference worldwide. The company was founded and operates as a social enterprise: philanthropy and positive social and environmental impact are key to their mission. Elevate Destinations has pioneered the field of donor travel and is able to provide responsible travel to any region of the globe. They encourage people to travel sustainably and design each trip conscientiously, facilitating travelers to fully experience, understand and protect destinations and the people who live there. http://elevatedestinations.com/