Group Travel Program Manager
We are a dynamic, socially-responsible travel company that brings meaning, perspective, and positive impact into the lives of our travelers while respecting local destinations and communities. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can assist with trip management and bring new ideas and introspection to our tightly-knit team. This position requires superb organization, attention to detail, creative problem-solving, excellent judgment, close collaboration, and eloquent communication skills.
Applicants should have experience in at least three of the five categories to be considered for this position:
1) Experience in the travel industry
2) Event and/or travel logistics management
3) Understanding of sustainability and international development
4) Content or curriculum development
5) Group facilitation and/or group leadership
- Plan and manage multiple international trips annually that are aligned with our client’s specific goals.
- Manage high-level communications and expectation-setting with clients, international partners, and suppliers.
- Establish timelines for each trip, and execute each deliverable in collaboration with clients, suppliers, and Elevate team members.
- Manage itinerary planning, vetting, and execution.
- Manage logistical components of trip execution, including coordinating site visits, selection of venues, meals or catering, audio and visual rentals, travel arrangements, hotel room blocks, and all other vendor relations.
- Coordinate invoicing and payments with clients and vendors.
- Follow and enhance emergency protocols for each trip.
- Create and oversee travel budgets and reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and internal processes.
- Maintain and update electronic records and databases.
- Design educational content that aligns with our clients’ goals and objectives.
Work with the Group Travel team to determine areas of product improvement and positive social impact.
Collect feedback after each trip, and integrate lessons learned. Identify follow-up for future accounts.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to management for improving travel- and operated-related processes.
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements. Initiate process improvements.
Comprehensive Traveler Support
- Develop a warm rapport with travelers, and provide excellent customer service that is developed through truly knowing your customers’ needs and wanting them to have an amazing experience.
- Collect all traveler details and payments.
- Provide rapid-response replies to all traveler questions, inquiries, and concerns.
Research and Create Supporting Materials
- Coordinate with clients and our graphic designer to create marketing materials for each trip.
- Use WordPress to create and edit online materials.
- Research and format logistical travel guides and detailed itineraries for each trip.
- Format, edit, and proofread other materials as necessary.
Trip Management and Mobile Event Management
- Manage trips independently in developing countries for travelers that are off the beaten track.
- Manage all ground logistics from A to Z, showing resourcefulness and poise.
- Demonstrate ability to simultaneously advance a trip into the next phase while maintaining the quality of a trip from beginning to end.
- Demonstrate ability to identify the most pressing objectives and prioritize them on a rolling basis.
Confidence Without Ego
- Ability to act independently and as a team player with thoughtfulness, humility, support, and hard work.
- Willingness and grace for letting our clients’ work shine while holding the framework in place for their journey behind the scenes.
- Willingness and desire to learn from your own mistakes, peers, and feedback.
Ability to travel internationally two or more times a year.
- Attend networking conferences and events.
- Design marketing materials and landing pages.
- Conduct research on marketing and business development matters related to travel and events.
- Partner with colleagues to execute marketing campaigns throughout the year.
- Write content that complements marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Based in the Boston area
- Four years of relevant work experience in project support, administrative and event and/or travel management
- Demonstrated skills: project management, project planning, scheduling and tracking
- Logistical prowess and attention to detail
- Travel experience in developing countries
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Financial acumen and budget management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Superb critical thinking, writing and editing skills
- Content creator and curriculum designer;
- Group facilitator and program leader
- Must be a team player and possess excellent customer service skills
- Capacity to be flexible and adapt to change
- Desire and confidence to work with a tight-knit, hard-working team that believes there is always room for improvement
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and Sheets
- U.S. work authorization
- Design skills (InDesign, Pages)
Commensurate with prior experience
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, to apply.
About Elevate Destinations:
Elevate Destinations is a leader in eco-luxury travel, creating new ways for travelers to make a difference worldwide. The company was founded and operates as a social enterprise: philanthropy and positive social and environmental impact are key to our mission. Elevate Destinations has pioneered the field of donor travel and is able to provide responsible travel to any region of the globe. We encourage people to travel sustainably and design each trip conscientiously, facilitating travelers to fully experience, understand, and protect destinations and the people who live there.