Elevate Destinations was founded and operates as a social enterprise: philanthropy and positive social and environmental impact are key to our mission.
Elevate Destinations encourages people to travel sustainably and designs each trip conscientiously, facilitating travelers to fully experience, understand and protect destination areas.
Elevate’s sustainability practices include:
- Supporting non-profit and local community partners through our innovative Buy A Trip, Give A Trip program.
- Reducing the carbon footprint and other potentially negative impacts of travel by providing carbon offsets for all land portions of Elevate trips.
- Selecting the most sustainable lodges and properties available in the destinations we visit.
- Partnering with like-minded in-country operators that follow sustainability guidelines.
- Continually evaluating our trips to include the most responsible travel guidelines available, and reviewing partner and local activities for adherence to sustainability measures.
- Following emerging best practices in the sustainable/responsible travel field and cultivating collegial and professional associations that inform our intellectual capital.
- Facilitating a long-lasting connection between travelers, local communities and the environment by keeping travelers connected to community programs and organizations in-country, as desired.
- Connecting travelers interested in participating in service opportunities with meaningful, high-impact experiences. Elevate Destinations prides itself on being a thought leader in the field of sustainable travel and has published on significant issues affecting best practices in the responsible travel industry. We have received numerous awards/recognition for our innovative programs in this arena.
Elevate Destinations has signed the Code of conduct for the protection of children from sexual exploitation in travel and tourism and expects all of its partners to refuse and report involvement, both direct and indirect, in the commercial sexual exploitation of children. Learn more at thecode.org.