GLOBAL FUND FOR WOMEN: FIJI CHAMPIONS FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE TRIP
October 17 – 22, 2022
FIJI ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
For entry into Fiji, it is required to show evidence of the following at check-in before your departure flight:
- Proof of full Covid vaccination for all travelers aged 16 years and older
- Travel & medical insurance to cover you while in Fiji
For the safety of all, we ask that you take either an at-home Covid test OR a PCR test before you depart for Fiji and an at-home Covid test when you arrive to Fiji. Feel free to use a at-home rapid test of your choice or schedule a PCR test at a local facility. If you would like a test provided, please email Renee at email@example.com.
FIJI DOMESTIC FLIGHT REQUIREMENTS:
- Global Fund for Women will provide you with one at-home Covid test to take the morning of October 19th, before flying to Savusavu to mitigate any potential risk to the communities you will be visiting.
- Fiji Airways requires proof of vaccination to fly – so please have a physical or digital copy of your vaccine card ready.
Domestic flight baggage restrictions:
- 15 kg (33 lbs) checked bag
- 7 kg (14 lbs) carry on bag
- One personal item (e.g. purse or satchel)
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase Cancel for Any Reason insurance that covers them for Covid-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip. There are a few states including New York and Washington that do not permit residents to purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage. If you are from a state where you are not eligible for this type of coverage, please contact Dana (firstname.lastname@example.org). Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “cancel for any reason” insurance.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends. However, travelers are allowed to purchase travel insurance from any vendor of their choosing.
- Yonder Insurance
Phone Number: 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennen)
Phone Number: 1-402-343-3621
The main program begins on October 17 and October 22 in Nadi. International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival and departure times:
- October 17, 2022: Arrive to Nadi International Airport (NAN)
- October 22, 2022: Depart from Nadi International Airport (NAN)
If you would like assistance booking your flights, please contact Dana (email@example.com) to introduce you with a flight booking specialist.
We would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region, before or after the main program. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
Citizens from the US do not need a visa to visit Fiji.