GLOBAL FUND FOR WOMEN: FIJI CHAMPIONS FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE TRIP
October 17 – 22, 2022
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Fiji. We will update this page 45 days prior to departure and continue to update this portal 30 days and again 14 days before your trip with any changes in local or international travel regulations.
During the trip, travelers will be asked to abide by the following Covid guidelines:
- Wear a face mask in enclosed areas such as vehicles and during site visits with GFW’s grantees, and as required in public spaces in Fiji
- Self monitor and take a Covid PCR test if you are experiencing Covid- related symptoms
FIJI ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
For entry into Fiji, it is required to show evidence of the following at check-in before your departure flight:
- Proof of full Covid vaccination for all travelers aged 16 years and older
- Travel & medical insurance to cover you while in Fiji
For the safety of all, we ask that you take either an at-home Covid test OR a PCR test before you depart for Fiji and an at-home Covid test when you arrive to Fiji. Feel free to use a at-home rapid test of your choice or schedule a PCR test at a local facility. If you would like a test provided, please email Renee at email@example.com.
FIJI DOMESTIC FLIGHT REQUIREMENTS:
- Global Fund for Women will provide you with one at-home Covid test to take the morning of October 19th, before flying to Savusavu to mitigate any potential risk to the communities you will be visiting.
- Fiji Airways requires proof of vaccination to fly – so please have a physical or digital copy of your vaccine card ready.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase Cancel for Any Reason insurance that covers them for Covid-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip.
To participate on this trip, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you may be eligible for. In many cases, this means you must be boosted before travel. Travelers are not eligible for a refund for failure to get vaccinated or boosted prior to departure. Please upload a copy of your Covid Vaccination Card here.