The END Fund Team Retreat
September 11 – 16, 2022
Last Updated: August 1, 2022
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic. We will update this portal 3 weeks prior to departure and again a week before departure with the most up to date information.
Requirements for this Retreat
- Covid Vaccination: Be fully vaccinated for Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you are eligible for. Keep a copy of your vaccine certificate (paper and digital copy) with you throughout the trip. Please upload a copy of your Covid Vaccine Card to this secure Dropbox Folder.
- Covid Testing: All team members are required to get a PCR test 72 hours prior to their departure. Please upload a copy of your PCR test results to this secure Dropbox Folder.
- Masks: It is mandatory to wear a mask indoors and in enclosed vehicles.
- Daily Covid Testing: Team members are expected to conduct an at-home rapid test daily and report their results to an Elevate Destinations team member. These at-home tests will be provided for you.
- Outdoor Dining: All meals have the option to be consumed outdoors.
- Monitor Your Symptoms: Notify an Elevate Destinations team member, via WhatsApp, if you experience any Covid related symptoms
- Quarantine: Abide by government quarantine procedures if you test positive for Covid
- Travel & Medical Insurance: Bring your medical insurance card should you be able to get reimbursed for any Covid-related medical expenses.
Rwanda Entry & Exit Requirements
- Covid Test: As of August 1, 2022, travelers entering Rwanda are not required to get a Covid PCR test to enter the country.
- The Government of Rwanda has a zero-tolerance policy for exporting positive COVID-19 cases. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 upon arrival or during his/her time in Rwanda (even if fully vaccinated), the severity of the symptoms will determine whether the traveler is isolated in a government-run treatment center or a hotel at his/her own cost. Travelers will not be permitted to leave Rwanda until they receive a negative PCR test result.
- Certain meeting venues and national parks require Covid tests. Testing is available at health facilities and other designated sites for 5,000 RWF (or US$5) for rapid antigen tests, and 50,000 RWF (or US$50) for PCR tests (required to access Virunga National Park).
- Face masks are no longer mandatory in Rwanda, but their use is encouraged in public indoor settings.
Covid Testing: During this trip, PCR testing will be offered on on Monday, September 12 to each END Fund team member. The testing site is open from 8am – 7pm, and test results are typically provided within 6 to 8 hours.
For those who cannot test on Monday, we will make arrangements for testing on Tuesday.