The END Fund Mount Kenya Trek
July 13 – 22, 2022
Last Updated: June 20, 2022
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Kenya. We will update this page 90 days prior to departure and continue to update this portal every 30 days with any changes in local or international travel regulations.
Kenya Covid Facts & Resources
- US Embassy in Kenya
- Reuters Covid Tracker: Kenya
- Worldometer: Kenya
- World Health Organization (WHO): Kenya
Note: The Kenyan government is promoting practices to mitigate the risk of Covid transmission such as hand-washing, face masks, and social distancing, though compliance is not always consistent.
Kenya Entry Requirements
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to show a valid digital Covid Vaccine Card with a QR code that has been verified through Global Haven. Click here to upload your Covid vaccine card to Global Haven and download the ‘vaccination pass’ with a QR code of your vaccine card. This can be done any time before you travel.
Note: We recommend downloading the CLEAR App (download the app here) on your mobile phone to generate a digital copy of your Covid Vaccine Card.
- Complete a Passenger Locator Form Form before arrival. Click here to submit your form and save and print the QR code you recieve upon completion of this form.
Re-Entry to the US
- The US Government announced that as of midnight on Sunday, June 12, travelers will no longer be required to present a negative Covid to enter the US (CNN Article here).
Requirements for this Trip
- Covid Vaccination: Be fully vaccinated for Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you are eligible for. Keep a copy of your vaccine certificate (paper and digital copy) with you throughout the trip.
- Monitor Your Symptoms: Notify your guide, via WhatsApp, if you experience any Covid related symptoms
- Quarantine: Abide by government quarantine procedures if you test positive for Covid
- Travel & Medical Insurance: Purchase travel and medical insurance that covers Covid-related expenses and costs associated with quarantine
Here is a list of all of the documents you will need to print before you leave the U.S. so that you have hard copies of everything.
- Passport Photocopy
- Travel Insurance Policy Information
- Covid Vaccine Card & Photocopy
- QR Code from the verification of your Covid Vaccine Card through Global Haven
- Emergency Contact List provided by Elevate Destinations (coming soon)
- International Flight Itinerary
- $200 USD Cash for possible PCR test
- QR Code from the Kenyan Passenger Locator Form