The END Fund Mount Kenya Trek
July 13 – 22, 2022
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers have travel insurance that covers COVID-related expenses and that new travelers purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ (CFAR) coverage for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some insurance options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. There are a few states including New York and Washington that do not permit residents to purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage. If you are from a state where you are not eligible for this type of coverage, please contact Dana (email@example.com).
Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “cancel for any reason” insurance.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
- Yonder Insurance– You are welcome to purchase travel insurance through our partners at Yonder Travel Insurance. You can contact Yonder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center – Dan Drennen is the representative who Elevate Destinations works with. To inquire with Dan about insurance policies he offers, you can reach him by email at email@example.com or over the phone at 1-402-343-3621.
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- Arrival – Wednesday, July 13, 2022: Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO) by 4:00 PM. Please note that this trip will kick off with a Welcome Dinner this evening.
- Departure – Friday, July 22, 2022:Depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO) anytime after 4:00 PM. Please note that you have a day room booked at Villa Rosa Kempinski today until 6:00 PM.
While The END Fund Mount Kenya Trek begins on July 13th and ends on July 22nd, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
You are welcome to book your flights through our partners at AirTreks. Once AirTreks receives your information, they will be in direct contact with you to find the best airline, layover options, and route for your trip. You can also contact AirTreks by phone at 415-977-7159 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. AirTreks provides 24/7 support in case you need help at any point along your journey. They will also share your final itinerary with us after you have confirmed your booking – saving you the extra step.
Guests may book their flights through AirTreks or any other travel agent or method of their choosing. If you book your own flights, kindly forward your international flight information to Dana at email@example.com.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All travelers to Kenya will need a tourist visa to enter the country. Please note that this visa is only valid for 3 months after it is issued. We recommend applying for your visa between June 4 – July 4, 2022 to allow time for processing. It can take at least 3 business days to process an e-visa.
How to Apply:
- Click register on evisa.go.ke/
- Select Create an account
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenya Visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using Visa, Mastercard or other debit cards
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry
Please note that you can apply for an East Africa Visa which allows you to move between Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. If you’d like assistance applying for your visa, we recommend A1 Passport and Visa for their excellent customer service.