The END Fund’s Board & Investors Trip to Ethiopia
May 21 – 24, 2023
The main program begins on May 21 in Addis Ababa and ends on May 24 in Addis Ababa. International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival and departure times:
- Sunday, May 21, 2023: Arrive at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport by 3PM to give yourself time to check in to the hotel and settle into your room before the evening gets underway.
- Check in: 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023: Depart from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport after 6PM to allow time for a full day of meetings and a community visit on the 24th.
- Check out: 12:00 PM on March 25
If you would like assistance booking your flights, please contact Fiona (email@example.com) to introduce you to a flight booking specialist. For END Fund staff, you may use your flight agent, Egencia, for assistance in booking your travel.
Would you like to arrive in Addis Ababa before or after the main program? If you are arriving early or staying after the 25th, we would be happy to set up a pre-trip or post-trip room for you. Please contact Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and availability.
If you’d like to extend your travels in the region, please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
END Fund Staff: The END Fund’s health insurance covers END Fund Staff internationally. Please keep a copy of your health care card on you while traveling.
For participants who are not employed by the END Fund, Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase travel insurance and medical coverage that covers them for COVID-19-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Elevate Destinations highly recommends travelers purchase insurance with ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ level coverage. Please note that all ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip.
Below are three insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends. However, travelers can purchase travel insurance from any vendor of their choosing.
- Yonder Insurance
Phone Number: +1-855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennen)
Phone Number: +1-402-343-3621
- Trawick International
Phone Number: +1-888-301-9289
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
There are travelers from multiple countries joining this trip and visa requirements vary by country of residence. Below you will find information on how best to obtain a tourist visa for your particular country of residence.
UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, SAUDI ARABIA
Citizens from the United States, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia are required to obtain a tourist visa to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. Please apply for an Ethiopian Tourist Visa. A single-entry tourist visa allows you to enter Ethiopia and remain in the country for 30 days. We recommend applying for the e-visa 21 to 14 days in advance of your trip. It typically takes 72 hours to process your visa.
To apply for the Ethiopian Tourist Visa, you will need:
- Copy of your passport
- A recent passport size photo
- Personal and flight information
- USD $82 for tourist visa single entry (valid for up to 30 days)
Click HERE to apply for an Ethiopian Tourist Visa.
You may be asked to provide contact information on the visa applications– providing the name, address and phone number of the hotels should be sufficient.
Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa
Meskel Square, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel : +251 11 517 1234
If asked for a local contact on your visa application, please provide the following contact:
Dawit Teferi, Nightjar Tours (Elevate Destinations’ ground partner)
Phone: +251 911335722
Address: Addis Ababa, Yeka, Woreda 11
The information provided on the application is screened by the Ethiopian authorities after the form has been submitted. The information must be accurate and complete to avoid visa processing delays.
If you would like to acquire your visa for Ethiopia with a visa-processing center, Elevate Destinations recommends A1 Passport and Visa in Washington DC. For questions regarding the visa application, you can reach A1 Passport directly at (202) 639-1500.
If you are a citizen of Kenya and plan to travel to Ethiopia for 3 months or less, you do NOT need a visa to enter Ethiopia. However, you are required to be vaccinated against yellow fever and carry your yellow fever certificate with you when traveling to Ethiopia.
ETHIOPIA HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVEL
- Yellow Fever: provide a yellow fever vaccination certificate (for Kenyan citizens only).
- If you are traveling from a country where Yellow Fever is endemic you are required to show proof of your Yellow Fever vaccination upon arrival. Please see WHO’s website for the identification of these countries.
- COVID-19: as of October 28th, 2022, all COVID-19 restrictions and entry requirements for Ethiopia have been lifted.
- You are not required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter Ethiopia. However, we always suggest traveling with your COVID-19 vaccination card as requirements can change with little to no notice.
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor Ethiopia’s Entry Requirements and will update this page with any changes.