The END Fund’s Board & Investors Trip to Ethiopia
May 21 – 24, 2023
To participate on this trip, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Travelers are not eligible for a refund for failure to get vaccinated prior to departure.
HEALTH INFORMATION & IMMUNIZATIONS
Prior to travel, Elevate Destinations strongly recommends that you look into recommended immunizations for your time in Ethiopia. Given that we are not a licensed Health Care provider, we cannot advise travelers on which immunizations they may need. We recommend that all travelers do the following:
- If you are traveling from a country where Yellow Fever is endemic, you are required to show proof of your Yellow Fever vaccination upon arrival. Please see WHO’s website for the identification of these countries.
- If you are coming from Kenya you must provide a Yellow Fever Certificate.
- Check that your health insurance covers you in Ethiopia. If it doesn’t, please purchase a travel insurance policy that covers your health while traveling.
- Consult with a travel clinic or your primary care physician regarding immunizations or other precautions you may need to take in order to participate in this journey. You will need to do this well in advance of your trip as some vaccinations require time to take effect, and you may need to allow time between a series of shots.
- Visit the CDC Health & Safety Guide for Ethiopia to view recommended vaccines and medicines, travel health notices for the region, and other tips for staying healthy and safe.
Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers have a moderate level of fitness and agility. Travelers on this trip should be able to:
- Walk at least one mile without difficulty on uneven surfaces
- Spend extended periods of time on their feet
- Climb sets of stairs without assistance
- Keep pace with an active group of travelers
- Spend time outside in warm, dry weather
- Ride comfortably in a vehicle on bumpy roads for extended periods of time
- Flexible and positive attitude in the case of sudden changes to the itinerary or weather – expect the unexpected!
Your guide will give you current briefings on safety while in-country, but here are some basic ground rules for safety while traveling:
- Keep all valuables in the hotel safe or in a locked suitcase.
- Avoid flashing money. Be mindful of your belongings at all time. Keep bags in front of you in crowds, and on your lap when at restaurants.
- Pay attention: avoid walking around with your smartphone in hand.
- Be vigilant when crossing roads.
- Stick with the group.
- Always make sure that others know of your whereabouts and movements.
- Avoid street protests or large gatherings.
- Do not wear expensive or sentimentally valuable jewelry while traveling.
- Let your guide know if you have any safety concerns.