The END Fund’s Board & Investors Trip to Ethiopia
May 21 – 24, 2023
Last updated: April 19, 2023
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Ethiopia. We will continue to update this page with any changes in local international travel regulations prior to your departure.
During this trip you will be asked to abide by the following:
- Take a rapid COVID-19 test every morning before meeting with the group. Tests will be provided to you upon arrival in Ethiopia and carried out on a trust-based system. Neither the END Fund nor Elevate will ask to see the results.
- Bring 4-6 masks with you to wear during site and community visits, as needed
- Wear a face mask in areas as recommended
- Self-monitor and take a PCR test if you experience COVID-19-related symptoms. Please notify the END Fund or Elevate should you need a PCR test and we will arrange this for you.
- If a traveler tests positive upon arrival or while in the country, we recommend that you isolate for five days. They can either be isolated in their hotel room or in a hospital, depending on the severity of the virus.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate: Keep a copy of your vaccine certificate (digital and paper copy) with you throughout the trip.
- Monitor Your Symptoms: Inform your guide if you experience COVID-19-related symptoms. Your guide can arrange a PCR test for you, at your own expense.
- Quarantine: If you test positive for COVID-19 we recommend that you self-isolate for five days, at your own expense. Please read the CDC guidelines here.
- Travel & Medical Insurance: Purchase travel and medical insurance that covers COVID-19-related expenses and costs associated with quarantine.