Together Women Rise: Journey to Nepal
October 13th – 22nd, 2022
For entry into Nepal, it is required to show evidence of the following at check-in before your departure flight:
- Covid vaccination card
- A completed International Traveler Online Arrival Form
VISA FOR NEPAL
We recommend travelers obtain a tourist in advance of the trip. You can apply for a tourist visa online here, no more than 15 days before your trip. Please apply for a tourist visa pre-arrival. The 15-day tourist visa ($30 USD) will be sufficient for the main program of this trip. If you are planning to extend your travels in Nepal, you may need to acquire a 30-day tourist visa ($50 USD).
For information about visas to Nepal, see Nepal’s Immigration website.
Complete a visa application using this link. You will need the following documents and information to apply:
- Recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”)
- Contact Information: permanent residence address, phone number, email address
- Address in Nepal: Hotel Manaslu’s address in Kathmandu
230, Hotel Marg
When to apply: No more than 15 days before your trip. A submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system. Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately. We recommend applying between 7 to 12 days before travel.
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu:
- Visa Payment: You will need to pay for your visa on arrival in USD cash ($30 USD for a 15 day visa and $50 USD for a 30 day visa). Please bring bills that are crisp and new
- Visa Receipt: Please bring the receipt from your visa application submission with you
- Other Documents: Bring any other documents listed on your visa application submission receipt to show upon arrival
Travelers may also apply for a visa at the Embassy of Nepal or through a visa-processing service.
The US State Department strongly recommends that all visitors to Nepal register their travel via the STEP – State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program! This is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can better assist you in case of an emergency. Enrolling in this program has enormous benefits in case of an emergency while abroad:
- You will receive information from the Embassy about safety conditions in Nepal.
- Enrolling lets the U.S. Embassy in that country know that you are there and helps them contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family-related.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers have travel insurance that covers COVID-related expenses for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some insurance options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “cancel for any reason” insurance.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
1. Yonder Insurance – You are welcome to purchase travel insurance
2. Travel Insurance Center – Dan Drennen is the representative who Elevate Destinations works with. To inquire with Dan about insurance policies he offers, you can reach him by email at dan@
Guests may acquire travel insurance through Yonder, Travel Insurance Center, or any other travel company of their choosing. If you purchase insurance with Yonder or Travel Insurance Center, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip though Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. If you would like the contact information for a trusted independent travel agent we are happy to provide you with this information. Kindly forward your international flight information to Dana (firstname.lastname@example.org) once you have booked your flights.
Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- October 13th, 2022: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) no later than 3:00 pm
- October 22nd, 2022: Depart from Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) anytime
For more information about this incredible journey to Nepal with Together Women Rise, be sure to visit the following pages: