Days for Girls is delighted you will be joining them on this journey to Nepal. Below you will find important information that will be useful for registering for the trip and planning your travels to Nepal.
The registration & payment deadline is August 18th, 2019. Days for Girls will accept registrations after August 18th if space permits. Please complete the following Registration Form at your earliest convenience (Click here). This allows us to easily record your vital travel information.
International flights are booked by travelers independently. If you would like the contact information for a trusted independent travel agent, Elevate Destinations is happy to provide you with this information. Kindly forward your international flight information to Meredith (email@example.com
Arrive Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM)* no later than 4:00pm on November 1*, 2019
Leave Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) anytime on November 6, 2019
*While the program begins on November 1st, please let us know if you would like to arrive earlier and we’d be happy to assist with pre-trip arrangements. We are also able to arrange post-trip day rooms before your departure flight.
Elevate Destinations strongly recommends that all travelers have travel insurance for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some insurance options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. We encourage you to review your travel insurance options before making payment to Elevate Destinations.
Elevate Destinations is partnered with the Travel Insurance Center, a broker of travel protection products. For assistance, contact Alan Lightbody, Agent Representative, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Toll Free 1-866-979-6753 Ext. 3648, or Direct 402-343-3648.
Guests may acquire travel insurance through the Travel Insurance Center, or any other travel insurance company of their choosing. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs, and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least six months beyond your trip departure date (i.e. expires after May 6, 2020). Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
Citizens from many countries will require a tourist visa in order to enter Nepal. While visas-on-arrival are available, we encourage travelers to obtain visas in advance of the trip. For information about visas to Nepal, see Nepal’s Immigration website.
In order to avoid long queues, you can submit a complete Online Visa Application form to the Immigration Authority of Nepal. To do that, here are few things you need to prepare:
- You’ll need your passport and a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) to upload for the application.
- Other information you will need to provide is a permanent residence address, your phone number, your email, and an address in Nepal. For the Nepalese address you can provide the address of the hotel:
Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Taragaon, Kathmandu 44601, Nepal
Ward Number 6
Kathmandu Municipality and District
- The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system. Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately. We recommend applying between 7 to 12 days before travel, that would be between October 20th and 25th, 2019.
- Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority. For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt. The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority. Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
- When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to do the online visa, travelers may apply for a visa through the Embassy of Nepal in Washington DC. or through a visa-processing service.
*Note that the Nepalese visa is only valid for 3 – 6 months after it is issued. If applying through a visa processing agency or embassy, we recommend applying for your visa between October 20th and 25th to allow time for processing and shipping.
TRIP PREP CHECKLIST:
Please take time to review our pre-trip check list.