CARE USA: GHANA BOARD AND GUEST TRIP
March 12 – 16, 2023
Last updated: January 18, 2023
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase travel insurance and medical coverage that covers them for Covid-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Elevate Destinations highly recommends travelers purchase insurance with Cancel for Any Reason level coverage. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends. However, travelers are allowed to purchase travel insurance from any vendor of their choosing.
- Yonder Insurance
Phone Number: 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennen)
Phone Number: 1-402-343-3621
International flights are booked independently by travelers. The main program begins in Accra on Sunday, March 12, 2023 and formally ends on Thursday, March 16, 2023 in Accra. There will be an optional two day extension if you’d like to stay longer. Stay tuned for more details on this!
Please book your flights based on the following schedule:
- Sunday, March 12, 2023: Arrive into Kotoka International Airport
- Thursday, March 16, 2023: Depart from Kotoka International Airport
- We have arranged for everyone to have access to their hotel room the evening of the 16th in the event you have a late night departure.
- If you’d like to take part in the option add on, you will need to book your flight departing in the late evening Saturday, March 18th, 2023.
Flight Booking Assistance: Please contact Abbey (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be connected with a flight booking specialist to assist you with your flight bookings.
If you would like to arrive early or stay late and would like assistance with your travel arrangements, please contact Abbey (email@example.com).
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps. Please upload your passport to this secure Dropbox Folder.
Most travelers, including USA citizens, will need a visa to enter Ghana. Please check if you require a visa by checking the bottom of this webpage. You will be required to mail your passport and visa application form into the Embassy to obtain the visa. We recommend applying for your visa as soon as possible and no later than January 30.
We highly recommend using a trusted visa processing center to obtain your visa due to fact that it can be challenging to apply on your own due to delays and complications with the embassy. Passport Visas Express is a DC based company that frequents the Ghanaian Embassy and can assist in the application process.
If applying on your own directly through the Embassy, processing information and times are listed below.
|Single Entry Visa (regular)||$60||15-20 business days (excluding mailing)|
|Single Entry Visa (expedited)||$100||7 business days (excluding mailing)|
How to Apply:
- Fill out Ghana’s Visa Application Form
- After completion, download and print the application
- Mail your signed passport with the following supporting documents:
- Printed copy of the visa application form
- One (1) recent passport photograph taken within the last six months. Please carefully review the Passport Photo Style Regulations
- Flight Itinerary
- Hotel Reservation / Letter of invitation
- Business Letter (Business Visa applicants only)
- Copy of your Covid-19 Vaccination Card
You will need the following hotel information for the application form:
- Accra: Labadi Beach Hotel
- Address: 1 La Bypass Road, Street 70200 Accra
- GPS: GL-064-2747
- Tel: 0302 772 5016
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kumasi: Eusbett Hotel
- Address: 8MQ7+V4C, Sunyani – Berekum Rd
- GPS: BS-0016-5960
- Tel: 035 202 4393
- Email: email@example.com
For specific contact information and invitation letters, please see the email from Abbey for your specific needs.
Please note: Make copies of every document you send into the embassy as part of your application for your personal records due to the fact that there are often complications in the application process.
|Regular Service||Embassy of Ghana
Consular Section (Regular)
3512 International Dr. NW
Washington, DC 20008
|Expedited Service||Embassy of Ghana
Consular Section (Expedited)
3512 International Dr. NW
Washington, DC 20008
GHANA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
For entry into Ghana, all travelers must:
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid and show proof on arrival into Ghana
- Please note: Travelers must validate their vaccination certificate on the PanaBIOS trusted travel platform.
- Be fully vaccinated against Yellow Fever and show proof on arrival into Ghana
- Please note: The U.S. Embassy of Ghana specifically states that all travelers “are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever at least Ten (10) days before the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated the duration of the vaccination status should not be more than Ten years before entering Ghana.” Click here for more information.
- Fill out Ghana’s Port Health Declaration Form no more than 3 days prior to travel