CARE USA: GHANA BOARD AND GUEST TRIP
MARCH 12 – 16, 2023
Last updated: February 1, 2023
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS:
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Ghana. For this trip, you will be asked to abide by the following protocols and regualtions:
- Highly suggested to wear a face mask in enclosed areas such as vehicles, in the CARE Ghana Office, and during site visits with CARE USA’s grantees, and as required in public spaces in Ghana
- Self monitor for COVID symptoms and take a Covid PCR test if you experience any Covid-related symptoms
- Please note: If you test positive, it is up to you to self-quarantine until symptoms subside. Any quarantine related costs are at your own expense.
To participate on this trip, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you may be eligible for. In many cases, this means you must be boosted before travel. Travelers are not eligible for a refund for failure to get vaccinated or boosted prior to departure.
GHANA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
For entry into Ghana, all travelers must:
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid and show proof on arrival into Ghana
- Please note: Travelers must validate their vaccination certificate on the PanaBIOS trusted travel platform.
- Be fully vaccinated against Yellow Fever and show proof on arrival into Ghana
- Please note: The U.S. Embassy of Ghana specifically states that all travelers “are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever at least Ten (10) days before the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated the duration of the vaccination status should not be more than Ten years before entering Ghana.” Click here for more information.
- Fill out Ghana’s Port Health Declaration Form no more than 3 days prior to travel
- If your travel originates from China: Any travelers whose travel originates from China must present a negative Covid PCR test that has been conducted within 48 hours prior to their departure. These travelers will also be required to undergo a Covid PCR test upon arrival at the Kotoka International Airport.
Wearing a face mask is highly recommended in the Kotoka International Airport.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase travel insurance and medical coverage that covers them for Covid-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Elevate Destinations highly recommends travelers purchase insurance with Cancel for Any Reason level coverage. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip.