Smile Train La Ciudad Perdida Trek – Charity Challenge
April 9 – 16, 2023
- Check Mig Form: Travelers must complete Colombia’s Check Mig Form (link here) 24 hours prior to your departure to Colombia and departure from Colombia. You will be asked to show proof that you completed this form when you check in for your international flights and possibly to Immigration Officials when you enter the country.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase medical insurance that will cover any of your medical expenses when traveling in Colombia, including any Covid related expenses and costs associated with quarantine.
We strongly recommend that travelers purchase “cancel for any reason” (CFAR) coverage. Please note that all CFAR insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip. There are a few states including New York and Washington that do not permit residents to purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage. If you are from a state where you are not eligible for this type of coverage, please contact Dana (email@example.com).
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends. You are welcome to purchase travel insurance from any vendor of your choosing.
- Yonder Travel Insurance
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 855-358-6433 (M-F, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennan)
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 1-402-343-3621
International flights are booked independently by travelers. The main program begins in Barranquilla on Sunday, April 9 and ends on Sunday, April 16 in Santa Marta. Please book your flights based on the following schedule.
- Arrival: April 9th into Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport (BAQ) in Barranquilla, Colombia
- Departure: April 16th out of Simón Bolívar International Airport (CCS) in Santa Marta, Colombia
While Smile Train’s Endurance Journey of Smiles begins on April 9th and ends on April 16th, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
Flight Booking Assistance: If you would like to arrive early or stay late or would like to be connected with a flight booking specialist to assist you with your flight bookings, please contact Dana (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check to see that your passport is current and valid for at least six months beyond your trip departure date. Please upload a scanned copy of your passport to this secure Dropbox folder. Your passport should have at least two blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
- Covid Vaccine Card
- Colombia’s Check-Mig Form (link here) – to be completed 24 – 48 hours before your departure