Smile Train Journey of Smiles to Kenya
November 18 – 23, 2021
ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS TO KENYA
Travelers are responsible for their own round-trip flights to Kenya. If you would like assistance, you are welcome to book your flights through our partners at AirTreks. You can also contact AirTreks by email at email@example.com. AirTreks provides 24/7 support in case you need help at any point along your journey. Once you have booked your flights, kindly forward your itinerary to Dana Droller at Elevate Destinations (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that Elevate Destinations can plan for your airport transfer.
Please use the following as a guide when booking your itinerary:
- Thursday, November 18, 2021: Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO) no later than 4:00 PM*.
The trip kicks off with a welcome reception and dinner at 6:30 PM.
- Tuesday, November 23, 2021: Depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO) anytime after 9:00 PM.
*Please note that Kibo Safari camp is approximately a 5 hour drive from the airport and it is recommended that travelers arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure for international flights. Please factor this timing in when booking your departure flight.
We recommend bringing a copy of your flight itinerary with you during your travels.
*While the Smile Train Journey of Smiles to Kenya begins on November 18 and ends on November 23, we would be happy to help you extend your travels. Please contact Dana Droller (email@example.com) for more information.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers have travel insurance with “Cancel For Any Reason” (CFAR) coverage for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some insurance options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
1. Yonder Insurance – You are welcome to purchase travel insurance
2. Travel Insurance Center – Dan Drennen is the representative who Elevate Destinations works with. To inquire with Dan about insurance policies that best fit your needs, you can reach him by email at dan@
Guests may acquire travel insurance through Yonder, Travel Insurance Center, or any other travel company of their choosing. If you purchase insurance with Yonder or Travel Insurance Center, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip though Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
Travelers to Kenya should ensure that the validity of their passports extends at least six months beyond the end of their intended stay, and should have at least two blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport to enter the country. The last two amendment pages are unacceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All travelers to Kenya will need a visa to enter the country. Please note that this visa is only valid for 3 months after it is issued. We recommend applying for your visa between about 30 – 60 days prior to your trip to allow time plenty of time for processing. Please note that you will need to use a Chrome internet browser to apply.
How to Apply:
- Click register on evisa.go.ke/
- Select Create an account
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenya Visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using Visa, Mastercard or other debit cards
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry
Please note that you can apply for an East Africa Visa which allows you to move between Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. If you’d like assistance applying for your visa, we recommend A1 Passport and Visa for their excellent customer service.