Smile Train Journey of Smiles to Kenya
November 18 – 23, 2021
COVID-19 in Kenya
As COVID-19 continues to evolve all over the world, Elevate Destinations and Smile Train will continue to monitor the pandemic in Kenya and the United States. Please check here for up to date entry requirements, health and safety protocols and in-country protocols that will likely continue to change.
Airline Requirements: COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures
Before you travel, check with your airlines to confirm what COVID safety policies and procedures they have in place for your journey. Every airline is different and some airlines may require you to upload documents prior to your check-in and others may require certain types of face masks to be allowed to board the plane. You will need to confirm this before your journey so you know what protocols you will need to comply with to be allowed to travel.
Health & Safety Requirements & Protocols
- COVID Vaccination: All guests are required to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days in advance of arrival. Please note that this is a requirement of Elevate Destinations’ local partners and travelers on this trip are required to show proof of vaccination. Please upload a scanned copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card here. We recommend that you make at least two copies of your vaccination card. Leave one at home and bring one copy and your original card with you when you travel.
- Facial Masks & Covering: Guests will be required to wear masks throughout this journey. Please pack enough masks and face coverings with you to Kenya.
Kenya Entry Requirements
- COVID Testing: All travelers entering Kenya will be required to have a negative COVID test result, conducted within 96 hours of arrival into Kenya. Please bring a printed copy of your test results with you as you may not be able to access the internet upon arrival.
- Trusted Travel: COVID tests have to be verified through the Trusted Travel Initiative You will need to upload your negative PCR test results to the PanaBios Trusted Travel site. Here is a link where you can create an account and log in to upload your test results prior to your arrival. You will receive a QR code that you will be required to present upon your arrival into Kenya. You can also upload your COVID-vaccination card to this portal.
- Arriving passengers will be allowed entry if:
- Body temperature is not above 99.5 F
- Does not have a persistent cough
- Does not have difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms
- Has a negative PCR test conducted within 96 hours before arrival into Kenya
- Incoming travelers must fill out Kenya’s International Travelers Health Surveillance Form
- You will need to register in advance of your arrival into Kenya. Complete this form 24 hours in advance of your travels. Please be sure to do this in advance of your arrival because the internet when you arrive in Kenya may be unreliable and you will not be allowed entry without submitting this form and receiving a QR code to scan upon your arrival.
- When you submit this form, you will receive a QR code to the email you created your account with and will be required to show the QR code that you receive upon your arrival into Kenya
- You will need your passport and flight information to fill out this form
- You will be asked to report if you have any COVID-related symptoms and if you have a negative PCR test conducted 96 hours prior to your arrival
United States Re-Entry Requirements
- COVID Test: To re-enter the United States, all travelers are required to have a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to your flight. Elevate Destinations will arrange testing for travelers depending on the time of your departure flight. Please note that the cost of testing in-country is at the travelers’ expense and is not included in your trip cost. You can pay with a credit card, but we recommend having enough cash to cover the cost of your COVID test in case your credit card does not work.
- US Embassy in Kenya: COVID-19 Information
- Reuters COVID-19 Tracker: Kenya
- Worldometer: Kenya
- World Health Organization (WHO): Kenya
Here is a list of all of the documents you will need to print before you leave the U.S. so that you have hard copies of everything.
- Passport Photocopy
- E-Visa PDF
- COVID Vaccine Card & Photocopy
- Emergency Contact List provided by Elevate Destinations (coming soon)
- QR Code from Trusted Travel Initiatve
- QR Code from International Travelers Health Surveillance Form (ITHSF)
- International Flight Itinerary