Museum of Science Donor Trip to Japan
March 25 – 31, 2023
The main program begins on March 25 in Kyoto and ends on March 31 in Tokyo. International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival and departure times:
- Saturday, March 25, 2023: Arrive to Kansai International Airport (KIX) by 4:00 PM
- Friday, March 31, 2023: Depart from any of the international airports in Tokyo at anytime
If you would like assistance booking your flights, please contact Dana (firstname.lastname@example.org) to introduce you with a flight booking specialist.
We would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region, before or after the main program. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase travel insurance and medical coverage that covers them for Covid-related medical expenses including costs related to quarantining while traveling. Elevate Destinations highly recommends travelers purchase insurance with Cancel for Any Reason level coverage. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends. However, travelers are allowed to purchase travel insurance from any vendor of their choosing.
- Yonder Insurance
Phone Number: 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennen)
Phone Number: 1-402-343-3621
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
Travelers with a United States passport do not need a visa to visit Japan for Tourism under 90 days.
JAPAN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Last updated: October 14, 2022
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor Japan’s Entry Requirements and will update this page with any changes.
For vaccinated travelers:
- All travelers are required to fill out the Mandatory Visit Japan Web application. This form will generate a QR code that you will need to present upon entry in Japan. This QR can only be presented digitally on your smart phone – printed copies will not be accepted. Each traveler will be asked to present their own code on their own phone. See here for more details.
- Please note: You will be asked to upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Travelers are considered fully vaccinated after receiving 3 doses (as for the Janssen vaccine and CONVIDECIA/CanSino, only in the case of primary series, 1 dose is considered equivalent to 2) of an approved vaccine.