Museum of Science Donor Trip to Japan
March 25 – 31, 2023
Last updated: January 17th, 2023
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Japan. We will continue to update this page with any changes in local international travel regulations prior to your departure.
During this trip you will be asked to abide by the following:
- Wear a face mask in enclosed areas such as vehicles and site visits, and as requested in public spaces
- Self monitor and take a Covid PCR test if you experience Covid-related symptoms
- If you test positive, follow Japan’s quarantine guidelines at your own expense
To participate on this trip, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you may be eligible for. In many cases, this means you must be boosted before travel. Travelers are not eligible for a refund for failure to get vaccinated or boosted prior to departure.
JAPAN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
For vaccinated travelers:
- All travelers are required to fill out the Mandatory Visit Japan Web application. This form will generate a QR code that you will need to present upon entry in Japan. This QR can only be presented digitally on your smart phone – printed copies will not be accepted. Each traveler will be asked to present their own code on their own phone. See here for more details.
- Please note: You will be asked to upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Travelers are considered fully vaccinated after receiving 3 doses (as for the Janssen vaccine and CONVIDECIA/CanSino, only in the case of primary series, 1 dose is considered equivalent to 2) of an approved vaccine.
Although there are no laws technically requiring face masks, almost all Japanese people still wear these indoors (and many people still wear them outdoors) and some venues specifically require face masks to be worn. Please travel with a mask handy.