THE END FUND TEAM ON-SITE: KENYA
JUNE 9 – 14, 2024
HEALTH INFORMATION & IMMUNIZATIONS
Prior to travel, Elevate Destinations strongly recommends that you look into recommended immunizations for your time in Kenya. Given that we are not a licensed health care provider, we cannot advise travelers on which immunizations they may need. We recommend that all travelers do the following:
- Consult with a travel clinic or your primary care physician regarding immunizations or other precautions you may need to take in order to participate in this journey. You will need to do this well in advance of your trip as some vaccinations require time to take effect, and you may need to allow time between a series of shots.
- Please check on recommended vaccines, medications, and health notices from your country of origin. Other resources you can use:
- Bring your medical insurance card with you, and leave a copy with friends or family at home.
Here are some basic ground rules for safety while traveling:
- Keep all valuables in the hotel safe or in a locked suitcase.
- Avoid flashing money. Be mindful of your belongings at all time. Keep bags in front of you in crowds, and on your lap when at restaurants.
- Pay attention: avoid walking around with your smartphone in hand.
- Be vigilant when crossing roads.
- Stick with the group.
- Always make sure that others know of your whereabouts and movements.
- Avoid street protests or large gatherings.
- Do not wear expensive or sentimentally valuable jewelry while traveling.
- Let Elevate staff know if you have any safety concerns.
Elevate Destinations also recommends that all travelers make and print a list of medications and any existing health conditions to bring on your trip. You may choose to carry this on your person or give it to your guide. Having this list could be life saving in the unlikely case of an emergency.