Development in Gardening (DIG) Kenya Field Trip
May 19 – 27, 2023
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- May 19, 2023: Arrive any time – preferably before 4pm – to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO)
- May 27, 2023: Depart any time after 4pm from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO)
If you would like assistance booking your flights, please contact Jill (email@example.com) to introduce you with a flight booking specialist. Please be prepared to supply the following information:
- Airline Preference
- Class (economy, business, etc)
- Home Airport
- Arrival Date & Timeframe
- Departure Date & Timeframe
- Airport of destination (arrival & departure)
Once your flights are booked, please forward your international flight information to Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two domestic flights in Kenya during your trip. When you pack, please keep in mind that there are strict luggage restrictions on your domestic flights – each traveler is limited to 15 kgs / 33 lbs. inclusive of hand baggage and in soft bags.
TRAVEL & MEDICAL INSURANCE:
- Elevate Destinations & DIG require that all travelers have medical insurance that will cover them for any medical expenses while in Kenya, including Covid related expenses and medical evacuation.
- Please email Jill (email@example.com) with a copy of your insurance policy including your insurance provider’s emergency phone number.
- Elevate Destinations strongly recommend that travelers purchase insurance with Cancel for Any Reason level coverage.
- Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip. CFAR provides more robust coverage for any unexpected trip cancellations or delays.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
1. Yonder Insurance – You are welcome to purchase travel insurance
Guests may acquire medical insurance through Yonder, Trawick International, or any other insurance company of their choosing. If you purchase insurance with Yonder, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip through Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All travelers to Kenya will need a tourist visa to enter the country. Please note that this visa is only valid for 3 months after it is issued. We recommend applying for your visa between April 17, 2023 and May 8, 2023 to allow time for processing. It can take at least 3 business days to process an e-visa.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY FOR YOUR E-VISA:
Check online for a list of documents required for your eVisa application and have them ready before you begin your application.
All documents must be PDF or JPEG and a file size of 293KB or smaller to upload. To reduce the file size of a document, you can use https://compressjpeg.com or https://smallpdf.com.
- Travel Itinerary
- Passport-sized photo on white background (2×2 inches)
- Scanned image of the first page of your passport
- Round-trip flight itinerary –carry a printed copy and take a screenshot of your flight itinerary on your phone as you may be asked to present this to an Immigration Officer upon your arrival
- Contact details for first destination – include the contact listed below:
Asilia Africa (Issac Gathanju Close)
Lavington, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254 202 324 904
How to Apply:
- Click register on evisa.go.ke/
- Select Create an account
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenya Visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully – Single Entry Tourist Visa or East African Tourist Visa
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using Visa, Mastercard or debit card
- Print out proof of payment in case of any issues upon your arrival
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry
Please note that you can apply for an East Africa Visa which allows you to move between Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. If you’d like assistance applying for your visa, we recommend A1 Passport and Visa for their excellent customer service.
- Telephone Number: +254 202 222 022
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.