We strongly recommend all travelers have travel insurance with “cancel for any reason” (CFAR) coverage for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. We recommend that travelers evaluate insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “cancel for any reason” insurance, which provides greater flexibility in case of trip cancellation.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
- Yonder Insurance– You are welcome to purchase travel insurance through our partners at Yonder Travel Insurance. You can contact Yonder at email@example.com or call at 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center – Dan Drennen is the representative who Elevate Destinations works with. To inquire with Dan about insurance policies he offers, you can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phoneat 1-402-343-3621.
Guests may acquire travel insurance through Yonder, Travel Insurance Center, or any other travel company of their choosing. If you purchase insurance with either, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip though Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. If you would like the contact information for a trusted independent travel agent we are happy to provide you with this information. Kindly forward your international flight information to Dana (email@example.com) once you have booked your flights.
Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- July 14th: Arrive in Dar es Salaam at Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR) by 4:00 pm
- July 23rd: Depart from Moshi at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) after 12:00 pm
While the DFW Journey to Tanzania trip begins on July 15th and ends on July 24th, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
We advise you to pack lightly in soft-sided luggage. Please keep in mind the luggage restrictions for the domestic flights on this trip:
- Total allowance: 23 kg (50 lbs.) per person
BAN ON PLASTIC BAGS:
Please also note that the Tanzanian government has implemented a nationwide ban on plastic bags. Travelers visiting the country are not allowed to bring any plastic bags into the country and visitors’ luggage may be checked for plastic bags at the airport. Travelers found with plastic bags could face heavy fines.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All U.S. citizens will need a tourist visa to enter Tanzania, which you can either obtain in advance or upon arrival at the airport in Dar es Salaam. The tourist visa to Tanzania is single-entry and is valid for 90 days. The visa-on-arrival is the best option for most visitors. We recommend obtaining your visa upon your arrival.
If you choose to obtain your visa upon arrival in Dar es Salaam, exact change is required (USD $100) when you clear Immigration at the airport. Bills that are ripped, wrinkled, more than 5 years old or in denominations under $20 are not readily accepted.
To apply for a tourist visa, you will need the following, according to the Tanzanian Embassy Website
- Two recent passport size photos
- Round-Trip flight itinerary
- Passport valid for six months
- Visa fee ($100)
- Visa Application Form
If you prefer to obtain your visa in advance, you can apply online through the Tanzania Electronic Visa Application System or through a visa-processing service such as A1 Passport. For questions regarding your visa application, you can reach A1 Passport directly at (202) 639 1500. We recommend applying for your visa no later than 4 weeks prior to departure to allow for processing and shipping.
Here are specific instructions on obtaining a visa from the Embassy or Consulate. Please note that you will need to bring a FedEx, UPS or USPS pre-paid self-addressed envelope so the Embassy can safely mail your passport with the visa to you.
- Payment Methods:
- Money order or Cashier’s Check (made payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC)
- Company or Organization Checks (made payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC)
- All credit cards except American Express. Click here to download a Credit Card Authorization Form.
For more information about this incredible journey to Tanzania with Dining for Women, be sure to visit the following pages: