Together Women Rise Journey to Tanzania
July 14th – 23rd, 2022
Last Updated: June 10, 2022
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in Tanzania. We will update this page 90 days prior to departure and continue to update this portal every 30 days with any changes in local or international travel regulations.
Tanzania Covid Facts & Resources
- US Embassy in Tanzania
- Reuters Covid Tracker: Tanzania
- Worldometer: Tanzania
- World Health Organization (WHO): Tanzania
Note: The Tanzanian government is promoting practices to mitigate the risk of Covid transmission such as hand-washing, face masks, and social distancing, though compliance is not always consistent.
Tanzania Entry Requirements
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to show a valid digital Covid Vaccine Card with a QR code for verification upon arrival. For more information, check the CDC’s guide on how to generate a QR code from your Covid Vaccine Certificate here.
Note: We recommend downloading the CLEAR App (download the app here) on your mobile phone to generate a digital copy of your Covid Vaccine Card.
- Foreign travelers are required to submit a Health Surveillance Form 24 hours prior to their arrival into Tanzania. Once you submit this form, you will receive a QR code that will be required to be presented at the time of arrival.
- Create an account and upload your Covid Vaccine Certificate through the Trusted Travel Initiative
Re-Entry to the US
- The US Government announced that as of midnight on Sunday, June 12, travelers will no longer be required to present a negative Covid to enter the US (CNN Article here).
Requirements for this Trip
- Covid Vaccination: Be fully vaccinated for Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you are eligible for. Keep a copy of your vaccine certificate (paper and digital copy) with you throughout the trip.
- Monitor Your Symptoms
- Quarantine: Abide by government quarantine procedures if you test positive for Covid
- Travel & Medical Insurance: Purchase travel and medical insurance that covers Covid-related expenses and costs associated with quarantine
Covid Testing & Quarantining Protocols
- If you experience Covid symptoms, the local team will arrange for you to get a Covid test, at your expense. The cost of a Covid test in Tanzania ranges between $50 – $200 USD.
- If you test positive for Covid, you will be required to quarantine as per government regulations.
- Any traveler that needs to quarantine will do so at his or her own expense at a designated hotel (see chart below)
- The quarantine period in Tanzania is seven (7) days
- There is no PCR test required to exit quarantine