Together Women Rise: Journey to India
February 4 – 16, 2023
Last Updated: January 3, 2023
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor the global pandemic both domestically and in India. We will update this page 90 days prior to departure and continue to update this portal every 30 days with any changes in local or international travel regulations.
- Show Indian E-Visa
Please note: As of December 29th, 2022, it is no longer required to show proof of vaccination upon entry to India. However, we still highly recommend traveling with your Covid Vaccine Card. You can download the CLEAR App (download the app here) on your mobile phone to generate a digital copy of your Covid Vaccine Card.
Due to this, extra precautions are now being taken at the airport upon arrival such as: thermal temperature screening of passengers, and random testing of 2% of all international travelers over 12 years old upon arrival into India.
Requirements for this Trip
- Covid Vaccination: Be fully vaccinated for Covid and up to date with any additional doses of the vaccine you are eligible for. Keep a copy of your vaccine certificate (paper and digital copy) with you throughout the trip.
- Monitor Your Symptoms: Inform your guide if you experience Covid-related symptoms. Your guide can arrange a PCR test for you, at your own expense. The cost of a Covid test in India ranges between $3 – $61 USD.
- Quarantine: If you test positive for Covid, we ask that you self-isolate for 8 days, at your own expense.
- Travel & Medical Insurance: Purchase travel and medical insurance that covers Covid-related expenses and costs associated with quarantine
During the trip, travelers will be ask to abide by the following guidelines:
- Wear a face mask in enclosed areas such as vehicles and during site visits with TWR’s grantees, and as required in public spaces in India
- Self monitor and take a Covid PCR test if you are experiencing Covid-related symptoms
What will a traveler do if he/she experiences covid related symptoms?
- Self monitor and notify guide
- Guide will arrange for a PCR test to be administered at the hotel
- If a traveler tests positive upon arrival or while in the country will be required to isolate for eight (8) days. They can either be isolated in their hotel room or in a hospital, depending on the severity of the virus.