Barr Fellowship Learning Journey to Jordan
October 12 – 25, 2023
Last Updated: August 30, 2023
COVID PROTOCOLS & REGULATIONS
Elevate Destinations continues to monitor Covid both domestically and in Jordan & will inform you of any pertinent information. However, the most important thing to note is that you should use your best judgment.
Covid Protocols for Barr Fellows’ Learning Journey
The most important thing to note is that you should use your best judgment.
Before You Travel
- Before you leave home, please consider and arrange for what you will need to travel comfortably during an extended flight (e.g. high-quality mask, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, etc.)
- Please take a Covid test within 24 hours of your departure. If you test positive, please follow the steps below (which start with contacting Kim Haskins).
During the Trip
Currently, the government of Jordan has lifted all Covid restrictions. We ask that you use your best judgment based on your personal circumstances and follow the procedures outlined.
Covid Tests & Precautions
- Two Covid tests will be provided for you in Jordan. If frequent testing is part of your usual practice, please plan to pack additional tests.
- Five high-quality (KN95) masks will be provided for you in Jordan. If you choose to mask daily, please plan to carry additional masksPlease note that we all have different risk factors and comfort levels related to Covid. Some may wear masks in enclosed spaces and others may not. We ask that everyone be respectful of the choices each traveler makes based on their personal circumstances.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and frequent hand washing is encouraged.
If You Don’t Feel Well
- Covid tests will be provided for you in Jordan If you don’t feel well, please take a test. If you test positive, please follow the steps below (which start with contacting Kim Haskins).
If You Test Positive (Before or During the Trip)
Again, please use your best judgment based on your personal circumstances. In addition, please contact Kim Haskins immediately so she can assist with next steps, including asking for your consent to tell others of their potential exposure.
- If you test positive within a few days of our departure for Jordan, Kim Haskins can help with deciding on an approach, including the possibility of your joining the group later.
- If you test positive while in Jordan, we will do our best to get you your own room, the cost for which will be covered at no expense to you. If the hotel does not have additional rooms available, we ask for everyone’s flexibility and patience as it may be necessary to be creative with rooming assignments to support the needs of the person(s) who test(s) positive and also minimize exposure of the group.
- If you test positive, do not have symptoms, and would like to participate in learning journey activities, you will be asked to wear a high-quality mask.
- If you need to rest and recuperate and/or need medical attention, please inform Kim Haskins so she can work with Global Rescue, and our local Guide, Nader Sales, to make arrangements accordingly.
If You Have Been Exposed to Covid
- If you have been exposed to someone with Covid, please wear a high-quality mask and test after 5 days. You may participate in the Learning Journey during the 5-day masking period.
- If you test negative on day 5, you no longer need to wear a mask.