African People & Wildlife: Tanzania Conservation Safari
September 22 – October 2, 2024
International flights are booked independently by travelers. Please book your international flights to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) based on the following schedule:
- Arrival – Arrive anytime on Sunday, September 22
- Departure – Depart after 4:00pm on Tuesday, October 2
Flight Booking Assistance: Please contact Hailey (email@example.com) if you would like to be connected with a flight booking specialist to assist you with your flight bookings.
Additional Nights of Accommodation: Many international flights arrive early and depart late at night. If you arrive early, we cannot guarantee access to your hotel room before standard check-in time at 2:00pm. You may therefore want to book an additional night of accommodation before the main program begins so that you have access to your room.
Please note that your accommodation is booked for the main program, starting from September 22 through the morning of October 2. Also note that it is peak season in Tanzania. Extra nights of accommodation cannot be guaranteed, and we encourage you to request any additional room nights you may need as soon as possible.
Please contact Hailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need accommodation before or after the trip.
Elevate Destinations will purchase emergency evacuation coverage for you. This policy covers emergency evacuations due to medical, political, or natural disasters from September 22 – October 2, 2024. This policy also provides $5,000 of emergency medical coverage. More details about this coverage are noted in this brochure.
This coverage does not include trip cancelation or interruption benefits and also does not cover pre- or post-trip days of travel. We strongly suggest you purchase additional coverage to cover your non-refundable expenses in the event you need to cancel your trip or have additional expenses incurred on the trip.
Elevate strongly recommends purchasing additional travel and medical insurance and Cancel for Any Reason Coverage (CFAR). Cancel for Any Reason’ (CFAR) coverage to cover trip related expenses. Please note that some CFAR insurance options are time-sensitive. Please be ready to purchase an insurance policy within 14 days of making your first trip payment.
If you would like to purchase additional medical insurance in the country of travel, below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
- USI Travel Insurance Services
Phone Number: (800) 937-1387
- Travel Insurance Center (Dan Drennen)
Phone Number: (402) 343-3621
Elevate Destinations is not equipped to answer specific questions on insurance. Please contact the insurance broker or company for specific information.
Please email Hailey (email@example.com) with a copy of your insurance policy that covers you in Tanzania, including the policy number and your provider’s emergency phone number.
1. Check that your passport:
- Is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date
- Has at least 2 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. The last two amendment pages are unacceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
2. Uploading Your Passport: Please upload a scanned copy of your passport to this secure Dropbox folder.
3. Passport Renewal: If your passport expires before then, you will need to renew your passport. We recommend using A1 Passport & Visa Services. To do so, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you are working with Elevate Destinations on your travel arrangements.
All U.S. citizens must apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (valid for 12 months) and below are the application instructions. You can either apply online or upon arrival in Tanzania. However, due to long wait times, we highly recommend applying in advance online.
We recommend you begin your visa applications after you book your flights and no later than August 22, one month prior to your departure. If you have any questions or concerns during the application process, please contact:
- Tanzania Immigration – Direct Support
- Tanzanian Embassy in Washington D.C.
- Phone 1: +1 (202) 884-1080
- Phone 2: +1 (202) 939-6125/7
If you would like to acquire your visa for Tanzania with a visa-processing center, Elevate Destinations recommends A1 Passport and Visa in Washington DC. For questions regarding the visa application, you can reach A1 Passport directly at (202) 639-1500.
To apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist eVisa:
The online application is best used in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Note that the application is lengthy and that you should allocate 30-45 minutes to complete it. Please ensure to use one of these two browsers when applying.
Before you start your application, please ensure you have the following documents to support your application. For more information, please see the Visa Application Guidelines.
- A recent passport size photo
- Copy of a valid passport (biographic data page)
- Return flight ticket
- 100 USD Visa fee (to be paid once you complete the application form)
Once you are ready to apply for your eVisa, go to the application page (linked here).
- Click on new application and insert your contact information, and then click “continue”
- A page is generated showing the Application ID. Please record this ID number for your records. This will also be emailed to you.
- Fill in your personal information exactly as shown in your passport.
- Enter the Embassy details and the type of visa you are applying for – you will need an Multiple Entry Visa for Tourism.
- Enter the local host (Asilia Africa), exact details still to come
- Host: Asilia Africa
- Mobile Number: +255 736 500 515
- Email: still to come
- Physical Address: still to come
- Relationship: Tour Operator
- Company name / Organization registration No: leave this blank
- Enter the hotel information
- Name (website here): Lake Duluti Lodge
- Physical Address: Tengeru, Arusha
- Phone Number: +255 682 905 111
- Documents to upload: You will need to upload the following documents in a small file size. To compress the file size, we recommend taking a screenshot of the documents or compressing it on SmallPDF.
- Passport size photo (JPEG, file size 300 KB)
- Passport Scan (JPEG, file size 300 KB)
- Return Flight Ticket (PDF, file size 1 MB)
- Declaration section: Verify the information you submitted is correct
- Payment: You can pay for your visa with a Visa or Mastercard. After clicking, “proceed with payment,” you will be redirected to a page confirming your payment. We recommend taking a screenshot of this to save and print for your records.
The average wait time for your visa is 5 – 10 business days. You will need to check the eVisa online portal (click here) with your Application ID to find out if and when your visa has been granted.
To apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Upon Arrival at the airport:
Ensure you have the following documents with you:
- Two recent passport size photos
- Round-trip flight itinerary
- Passport valid for six months
- Visa fee ($100 for multiple entry visa)
- Note: Exact change is required for payment and bills that are ripped, wrinkled, more than five years old or in denominations under $20 are not readily accepted. Credit cards are sometimes accepted for payment but are often not working, so we highly recommend bringing cash for this payment.
We advise you to pack lightly in soft-sided luggage. Please keep in mind that the total allowance for hand baggage, cameras, filming equipment, and any other personal item including loose clothing is 20kgs (44lbs) per passenger. Excess baggage will only be carried at the sole discretion of the Captain of the aircraft if the payload of the aircraft and/or space permits and will be charged at the prevailing rate for carriage of freight.
For more information, visit the airline website here.
BAN ON PLASTIC BAGS
Please also note that the Tanzanian government has implemented a nationwide ban on plastic bags. Travelers visiting the country are not allowed to bring any plastic bags into the country and visitors’ luggage may be checked for plastic bags at the airport. Travelers found with plastic bags could face heavy fines.