Together Women Rise Journey to Tanzania
August 10-18, 2023
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. If you would like assistance, you are welcome to book your flights through our partners at AirTreks. You can also contact AirTreks by email at email@example.com. AirTreks provides 24/7 support in case you need help at any point along your journey.
Kindly forward your international flight information to Jill (firstname.lastname@example.org) once you have booked your flights.
Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- August 10: Arrive in Dar es Salaam at Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR) by 4:00 PM
- August 18: Depart from Arusha at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) after 4:00 PM EAT
While the Together Women Rise Journey to Tanzania trip begins on August 10 and ends on August 18, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
Elevate Destinations requires that all travelers purchase medical insurance that will cover them for any medical expenses while in Tanzania, including Covid related expenses.
Trawick International – Trawick International provides fast and basic medical insurance coverage. You can contact Trawick at email@example.com or call (888) 301-9289 anytime.
While not required, Elevate Destinations strongly recommend that travelers purchase insurance with Cancel for Any Reason level coverage. Please note that all Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) insurance policies are time sensitive and require purchase within 1 to 21 days of making a payment for your trip. CFAR provides more robust coverage for any unexpected trip cancellations or delays.
Elevate recommends Trawick International or Yonder Insurance. You are welcome to purchase travel insurance through our partners at Yonder Travel Insurance. You can contact Yonder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
Guests may acquire medical insurance through Yonder, Trawick International, or any other insurance company of your choosing. If you purchase insurance with Yonder, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip through Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
We advise you to pack lightly in soft-sided luggage. Please keep in mind the luggage restrictions for the domestic flights on this trip:
- Total allowance: 23 kg (50 lbs.) per person
BAN ON PLASTIC BAGS:
Please also note that the Tanzanian government has implemented a nationwide ban on plastic bags. Travelers visiting the country are not allowed to bring any plastic bags into the country and visitors’ luggage may be checked for plastic bags at the airport. Travelers found with plastic bags could face heavy fines.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least three blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All U.S. citizens will need a tourist visa to enter Tanzania, which you can either obtain in advance or upon arrival at the airport in Dar es Salaam. Travelers can apply for an Ordinary Tourist Visa, which is a single-entry visa valid for 90 days.
To apply for a tourist visa, you will need the following, according to the Tanzanian Embassy Website
- Two recent passport size photos
- Round-trip flight itinerary
- Passport valid for six months
- Visa fee ( $100 for single entry visa)
Note: Exact change is required for payment and bills that are ripped, wrinkled, more than five years old or in denominations under $20 are not readily accepted
- Visa Application Form
Tanzanian eVisa: If you decide to apply for a Tanzanian eVisa, please follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Tanzania eVisa application page (click here)
- Click on new application and insert your contact information, and then click “continue”
- A page is generated showing the Application ID. Please record this ID number for your records. This will also be emailed to you.
- Fill in your personal information exactly as shown in your passport.
- Enter the Embassy details and the type of visa you are applying for – you will need an Ordinary Visa for Tourism.
- Enter the local host (Akorn Tanzania) details, as listed below
Host: Company / Organization
Mobile Number: +255 272 508 348
Relationship: Tour Operator
Company name / Organization registration No: leave this blank
Where are you going to stay?: Hotel Slipway
Physical Address: Slipway Road, Msasani Peninsula, Dar es Salaam
Documents to Upload: You will need to upload the following documents in a small file size. To compress the file size, we recommend taking a screenshot of the documents or compressing it on SmallPDF.
- Passport size photo (JPEG, file size 300 KB)
- Passport Scan (JPEG, file size 300 KB)
- Return Flight Ticket (PDF, file size 1 MB)
- Declaration Section: Verify the information you submitted is correct
- Payment: You can pay for your visa with a Visa or Mastercard. After clicking, “proceed with payment,” you will be redirected to a page confirming your payment. We recommend taking a screenshot of this to save and print for your records.
- The average wait time for your visa is 5 – 10 business days. You will need to check the eVisa online portal with your Application ID to find out if and when your visa has been granted.
For more information about this incredible journey to Tanzania with Together Women Rise, be sure to visit the following pages: