Thistle Farms & the Isabel Allende Foundation
Kenya: July 23 – 31, 2023
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- July 23, 2023: Arrive any time to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO). If you would like to arrive a day early, we can assist with transfer and hotel arrangements.
- July 31, 2023: Depart any time after 4:00 PM from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi (NBO)
If you would like assistance booking your flights, please contact Emily (email@example.com) to introduce you with a flight booking specialist. Please be prepared to supply the following information:
- Airline Preference
- Class (economy, business, etc)
- Home Airport
- Arrival Date & Timeframe
- Departure Date & Timeframe
- Airport of destination (arrival & departure)
Once your flights are booked, please forward your international flight information to Emily.
While your Kenya Program begins on July 23rd and ends on July 31st, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
There are two domestic charter flights in Kenya during your trip. When you pack, please keep in mind that there are strict luggage restrictions on your domestic flights – each traveler is limited to 15 kgs / 33 lbs. inclusive of hand baggage and in soft sided duffel-style bags.
TRAVEL & MEDICAL INSURANCE:
Elevate Destinations & the Isabel Allende Foundation require that all travelers have medical insurance that will cover them for any medical expenses while in Kenya, including Covid related expenses and medical evacuation.
Thistle Farms will be purchasing travel insurance on behalf of their participants.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
US citizen travelers to Kenya will need a tourist visa to enter the country. Please note that this visa is only valid for 3 months after it is issued. We recommend applying for your visa 45 days before July 23rd (Day 1) to allow ample time for processing. It can take 3 business days or more to process an e-visa.
How to Apply:
- Click register on evisa.go.ke/
- Select Create an account
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenya Visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using Visa, Mastercard or other debit cards
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry
Please note that if you plan to visit Uganda and/or Rwanda as an extension to your travels, you can apply for an East Africa Visa, which allows you to move between Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
If you’d like assistance applying for your visa, we recommend A1 Passport and Visa for their excellent customer service.