ELEVATE DESTINATIONS COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
We have been and will continue to monitor daily updates and information on COVID-19 in destinations where we are traveling and provide updates to clients on any changes that could affect their program. Final responsibility for meeting requirements rests fully with the traveler.
Get vaccinated. At least 14 days before departing on your trip, all medically able adult travelers must be vaccinated in order to travel with Elevate Destinations. If you or a member of your group is unable to get vaccinated in time for their trip, please alert your travel planner as soon as possible.
Get travel insurance. For all new bookings, Elevate Destinations requires each traveler to purchase adequate travel insurance to cover any COVID-19 related cancellations, delays, or unforeseen costs due to illness before, during, and after international travel. Please carefully check your policy for pandemic inclusions and discuss with a licensed broker. In addition, we strongly recommend Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) insurance for any bookings in 2022 and 2023. Note that some insurance options require purchase within 24 hours of making the first payment towards your trip. All travelers are required to submit their travel insurance policy information they purchased to Elevate Destinations to pass along to our ground partners. Local guides are required to have a copy of all relevant insurance policies for participating travelers in hand for the duration of the trip.
Get tested. Many countries and airlines now require that travelers show proof of a negative COVID-19 test 24-48 hours prior to their arrival into a country. Travelers are responsible for procuring and documenting their negative test results, and ensuring the tests selected meet the current requirements for both the destination countries and any countries to be transited en route. Government policies and requirements are changing rapidly, and we will do our best to update our clients on any new safety policies and regulations, but cannot control the timing of when new requirements are announced, implemented, or enforced.
During your trip:
- For each country where we operate, we have identified the medical facilities, clinics, testing sites, and hospitals capable of providing the best available care to our guests if required.
- Wherever possible, we secure drivers and guides who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.
- We review COVID-19 protocols for all lodges, restaurants, activities, and transportation that are booked through our company, and we communicate those standards and expectations to our travelers.
- Travelers will be asked to monitor and report COVID symptoms and get a rapid antigen or PCR test when deemed appropriate.
- Travelers are requested to alert their guide and Elevate Destinations immediately if they have any COVID-19 symptoms such as:
– Respiratory symptoms
– Sore throat
– Shortness of breath
- If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 at any point during their travels, they agree to immediately notify their local contact as well as their primary contact at Elevate Destinations. This will ensure we can best protect each traveler and any contacts while traveling.
- We stay in contact with you throughout your trip to monitor your wellbeing.
Re-entry to USA after travel overseas:
As of December 6, 2021, the United States requires a negative COVID test result to re-enter the United States. It must be taken within 1 calendar day of travel (or 24 hours before your flight). Without a negative test result, you will not be able to board your flight. See the CDC website for details.
Elevate Destinations will assist you to identify where you can take the test in advance of your return to the USA. In some cases, lodges and hotels can organize test taking at the hotel via appointment or organize transport to a testing facility. All testing is at the expense of the traveler and is not included in your trip cost.
We are committed to supporting our travelers from the first planning stages through the moment you return home. If you have questions, please contact your travel specialist directly.