- Building a Buffalo Bicycle with a local assembler.
- Riding the bicycle you built alongside the people you’ve helped empower.
- Discovering how dairy co-op members are able to bring more milk to the co-op with a bicycle.
- Hearing from healthcare workers about the bicycle’s transformative power, as they visit more patients daily and spend more time with them.
- Witnessing a young student ride off into a new world of opportunity at a bicycle distribution.
WORLD BICYCLE RELIEF
World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilizes people through The Power of Bicycles, envisioning a world where distance is no longer a barrier to independence and livelihood. What started as a disaster relief response to the Indian Ocean Tsunami in 2005 has transformed into a global community powered by bicycles. Over the past 13 years, WBR has distributed nearly 400,000 bicycles in 19 countries. By distributing specially-designed, locally assembled, rugged Buffalo Bicycles, WBR empowers people in developing countries with access to education, healthcare and economic opportunities that can transform lives.
YOUR ZAMBIAN EXPERIENCE
During Field Trip: Zambia, you’ll witness what it’s like to race the sun as it rises and sets across the beautiful, acacia-lined horizon. You’ll experience the vast, dusty distances that people travel each day by foot to reach schools, clinics, and markets. As you ride over the rugged terrain, you’ll feel the dramatic difference that a strong, purpose-built Buffalo Bicycle makes in the life of a student or healthcare worker.
When you participate in a school bicycle distribution, you can expect to be welcomed with vibrant music, dance, and song. The joy and excitement of the crowd are both overwhelming and unforgettable.
After celebrating new bicycles and new beginnings, you’ll travel to the home of a student. As you settle into conversation, you’ll hear stories about the real struggles of daily life in rural Zambia.
On this once-in-a-lifetime trip, you’ll see that Zambians continue to find ways to thrive with bicycles despite their daily challenges. Come and be inspired by the beauty of this rich landscape and the resilience of the people you will meet.
MINIMUM FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT
As a Field Trip: Zambia participant, you will raise a minimum of $1,470 USD (10 Buffalo Bicycles) to create an even greater impact in the communities where WBR works. We’ll provide the tools and resources you’ll need to make your campaign successful and fun! Fundraising is due before trip departure.
Program Fee: USD $3,900 USD per person (Single supplement: $350)
- This covers food, local transportation, and accommodations. It does not include airfare or costs associated with international travel (passport, visa, immunization, insurance, etc.), pre- or post-trip accommodations, or souvenirs or other personal items.
- This payment is not tax deductible.
Fundraising Commitment: $1,470 USD
- These funds are tax deductible.
FORE MORE INFORMATION
For more information, or to register, please get in touch!