Hotel Sol y Luna is a charming hotel located in Peru's scenic Sacred Valley of the Incas surrounded by majestic Andean mountains and spectacular Incan ruins.
What we love
- Amazing views of the surrounding Andes Mountains from the pool and hot tub.
- World class cuisine and excellent cocktails in the hotel's restaurant.
- Rooms are beautifully decorated with local artists' paintings and ceramics and cozy fireplaces.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your trip?
A rural retreat amid gorgeous flower gardens, Hotel Sol y Luna is a Relais & Chateaux property with 43 private 'casitas' or bungalows perfect for families or honeymooners. Located about an hour by car from Cusco in the town of Urubamba, the stunning property is an ideal base to relax while exploring the nearby Inca ruins and Machu Picchu. Fantastic facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a spa, gym, tennis courts, two restaurants, a local art boutique, and stables with the hotel's famous Peruvian Paso horses.
You can opt to simply stay in and enjoy the seclusion of your private bungalow and the colorful gardens teeming with flowers and birdlife. For a more active stay, the hotel offers horse riding, mountain biking, hiking, paragliding, quad biking, canoeing and whitewater rafting. Additional activities available include cooking classes, wine tastings and visits to the Sol y Luna Association and School to see how the hotel is helping to give back to the community.
- The hotel was established as a social enterprise, whereby profits go towards supporting the social efforts of the Sol y Luna Foundation.
- Next to the hotel you’ll find the intercultural school which provides education, art and sports for the youth of the Sacred Valley, all funded by the hotel’s profits.
- Guests may visit the school and see first-hand how their stay is helping the Foundation to have an enduring impact on the local community.