Sala’s Camp is a tranquil and secluded safari camp enjoying one of the best locations in game-rich Maasai Mara.
What we love
- Beautiful, roomy, luxury tents with plunge pools.
- Fantastic for watching the Great Migration in June/July. It’s the first camp to see it arrive!
- Enjoy a cooked bush breakfast as part of your morning game drive.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your safari?
Set on the banks of the Sand River in the southern, wilder corner of Kenya’s Maasai Mara game reserve, Sala’s Camp location is the big draw. Close to Tanzania with tremendous views towards the Serengeti, you’ll get front row seats to the annual Great Migration which thunders by the camp from June to September each year. Besides very exciting river crossings, you’ll also have access to some of the most untouched parts in the Mara with nary another vehicle in sight.
The camp was recently given an upscale makeover with new state-of-the-art canvas rooms, private plunge pools, en-suite bathroom with free-standing copper bathtubs and endless views of the Serengeti. You’ll be able to enjoy an abundance of wildlife and birds from the comfort of your room and deck, spectacular stargazing at night, and the option to see the magic from above on a hot air balloon safari.
- All guests staying at Sala’s Camp contribute to cheetah conservation and support the Mara Cheetah Project.
- The camp generates its power through solar power.
- Sala’s Camp received its first Silver Eco Rating in 2015 from EcoTourism Kenya.