A privately-owned rustic tented camp, Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is set within a pioneering conservation reserve with the highest wildlife density in Kenya.
What we love
- Small and cozy tented camp with first rate and very accessible wildlife viewing.
- Meet the last surviving northern white rhino in the world!
- Visit chimpanzees who have been rescued and restituted in a special chimp sanctuary.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your safari?
The intimate camp with only six safari tents is a wonderful base from which to explore the renowned Ol Pejeta Conservancy and its conservation projects. Owned and managed by legendary guide Alex Hunter, Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a traditional and very comfortable camp situated along a river with eco-friendly accommodations and unrivalled hospitality.
Expect a unique safari experience with spectacular sightings of white and black rhinos and other rare and unusual species, on top of the big cats, elephants and buffalos in the area. Bush walks, game drives, hides and chimpanzee sanctuary visits are all part of the daily wildlife activities, and you’ll also have the chance to get involved with the behind the scenes of running a conservancy such as animal tagging and rhino tracking. Active types can run on the open plains with the owner and climb up nearby Mount Kenya as well. Truly a place to discover the ‘real Africa’ in low-key, friendly surroundings.
- The camp is built entirely on an eco-friendly design with no permanent structures to minimize the impact on the environment.
- All tents use solar lighting and bucket showers.
- Ol Pejeta hosts the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a Jane Goodall project unique in Kenya, which provides lifelong refuge to orphaned and abused chimpanzees.