A boutique bush experience within Nairobi National Park, The Emakoko makes a perfect start or finish to your Kenyan safari.
What we love
- The only lodge in Nairobi National Park - start your sightings of the Big 5 as soon as you arrive!
- Boutique luxury with all the modern conveniences and comfort you could need.
- Avoid Nairobi traffic by swinging right into a wildlife park.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your safari?
The Emakoko is a lovely family property set on the edge of Nairobi National Park and within easy reach from both of Nairobi’s airports. Ten cottages built into a steep hillside offer elevated views over the park and a winding river below and a restful stay in simple, classic décor.
You’ll find The Emakoko to be the perfect layover when in transit through Nairobi and a unique alternative to a city hotel. Daily game drives into the park show a healthy black and white rhino population as well as lion, buffalo, hippo, giraffe, leopard and more. You can also visit the famous Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the Langatta Giraffe Sanctuary nearby, or go all out on an helicopter excursion to explore Kenya’s many treasures (the property has its own helipad).
- The Emakoko produces and bottles its own water on site and has replaced plastic bottles with glass ones to reduce recycling and carbon footprint.
- They have purchased, constructed and erected three rhino towers to assist the Kenya Wildlife Service with observation points over the park.
- They have also put up 18 sets of lion lights in the community to aid in stopping the human-wildlife conflict.