Remote and eco-friendly, Hotel Punta Islita offers spectacular scenery and adventurous activities on
Costa Rica's Nicoya Peninsula.
What we love
- Breathtaking views from your room, the infinity pool, and restaurants.
- Upgrade to a casita or suite to have your own private plunge pool or outdoor whirlpool and private garden with a hammock - luxurious seclusion!
- The on-site Open-Air Contemporary Art Museum displays the work of local artists.
- From May through November, four of the world’s seven sea turtle species come here to nest and the hotel can arrange visits to the nearby wildlife refuge.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your trip?
Set on a hilltop overlooking a secluded beach cove, Punta Islita offers Ocean View Villas perfect for families. Accommodations feature upscale, colonial-tropical décor and private outdoor spaces; some also boast king-sized canopy beds, gardens, and plunge pools. Beautifully landscaped gardens adorn the grounds where you will find an infinity-edge pool with a swim-up bar and great views, two restaurants (expect classic Costa Rican fare, plenty of fresh seafood, and tropical cocktails), a spa, a nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, and an ocean-side family beach club with a pool.
You can be as relaxed or as active as you like here. The resort has a full menu of complimentary eco-adventures and cultural experiences to make your stay more engaging such as surfing, hiking, kayaking, sea turtle spotting, horseback riding, ziplining, and arts and crafts with local communities.
- Opened as one of Costa Rica’s first eco-resorts in 1994 and has been a leader in Central America’s sustainability revolution since.
- The hotel runs a number of community outreach programs (art museum, day care center, etc.) and contributes much of its earnings directly to the local community.
- Supports the Camaronal Wildlife Refuge Program to protect sea turtle eggs and encourage their return.