We strongly recommend all travelers have travel insurance with “cancel for any reason” (CFAR) coverage for any trip they wish to take with us. Please note that some options require purchase within 24 hours of making payment for your trip. We recommend that travelers evaluate insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about “cancel for any reason” insurance, which provides greater flexibility in case of trip cancellation.
Below are two insurance brokers that Elevate Destinations recommends.
- Yonder Insurance– You are welcome to purchase travel insurance through our partners at Yonder Travel Insurance. You can contact Yonder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 855-358-6433 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT).
- Travel Insurance Center – Dan Drennen is the representative who Elevate Destinations works with. To inquire with Dan about insurance policies he offers, you can reach him by email at email@example.com over the phoneat 1-402-343-3621.
Guests may acquire travel insurance through Yonder, Travel Insurance Center, or any other travel company of their choosing. If you purchase insurance with either, please be sure to tell them you have booked your trip though Elevate Destinations. Elevate Destinations recommends that travelers evaluate the insurance options available for their needs and inquire with providers about insurance that will provide coverage if the trip needs to be cancelled.
International arrival and departure flights are booked by travelers independently. Here are our recommended arrival/departure times:
- October 13th, 2021: Arrive at Kamuzu International Airport (LLW) in Lilongwe by 4:00 PM
- Please note that the flight to Malawi is lengthy, and can be draining. For example, NYC to Johannesburg is approximately 15 hours long. From there, it is an additional 4-hour flight to Lilongwe. Those who would benefit from arriving a day early are encouraged to reach out to book a pre-trip night at Kumabli Lodge.
- October 22nd, 2021: Depart from Chileka International Airport (BLZ) in Blantyre no earlier than 5:00 PM
While the DFW Journey to Malawi begins on October 13th and ends on October 22nd, we would be happy to help you extend your travels in the region. Please see the Extend Your Travel tab for more information.
You are welcome to book your flights through our partners at AirTreks. Once AirTreks receives your information, they will be in direct contact with you to find the best airline, layover options, and route for your trip. You can also contact AirTreks by phone at 415-977-7159 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. AirTreks provides 24/7 support in case you need help at any point along your journey. They will also share your final itinerary with us after you have confirmed your booking – saving you the extra step.
Guests may book their flights through AirTreks or any other travel agent or method of their choosing. If you book your own flights, kindly forward your international flight information to Dana at email@example.com.
*Please note that if you are looking at flights before 2021 you may not see many options as a result of the reduced flight schedules due to COVID-19. If you not seeing any satisfactory itineraries we recommend waiting until 2021 to book, as there may be more options available then. The best prices are typically available about 6 months prior to departure.
**Given their precarious financial status we recommend not booking South African Airways. Instead, consider Emirates or Ethiopian Airlines.
Please make sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip departure date. Your passport should have at least 3 blank pages for the entry and exit stamps, or more if you are visiting several countries on this trip. Please note that the last two amendment pages are not acceptable for visas and immigration stamps.
All U.S. citizens will need a tourist visa to enter Malawi, which you can obtain in advance or upon your arrival, or through the eVisa online application process. The tourist visa to Malawi is a single entry visa, valid for 90 days and costs $100. We recommend that travelers obtain their tourist visas in advance. Should you decide to obtain your visa upon arrival, please first check with your airline to verify that they will let you board your flight without a visa.
To apply for a tourist visa, you will need the following, according to the Malawian Embassy Website:
- Two Visa Application Forms
- Two Passport Size Photos
- Proof of travel (i.e. round-trip flight itinerary)
- Visa fee ($100)
If you would like to acquire your visa for Malawi with a visa-processing center, Elevate Destinations recommends A1 Passport and Visa in Washington DC. For questions regarding the visa application, you can reach A1 Passport directly at (202) 639-1500.
Please sign and email the below forms to Wendy Frattolin at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to departing for Malawi.
For more information about this incredible journey to Malawi with Dining for Women, be sure to visit the following pages: