Travel to the Caribbean & Mexico With Your Holiday Shopping
Are you dreaming of sparkling turquoise ocean waters and vibrant colors? We are too. Use Elevate Destinations’ Caribbean & Mexico gift guide to shop for unique, ethically made gifts hand-crafted by artisans using the vibrant colors and diverse traditions the area is known for.
- Chocobar Cortes – Any chocolate lovers in your life? Gift them with delicious chocolate made from ethically sourced cacao from Puerto Rico. Chocolate Cortés is a 4th generation, family-owned, Caribbean, bean-to-bar chocolate manufacturing company that supports local farmers to produce high-quality beans, making the best chocolate on the island.
- Tropical Depression – Puerto Rican artist, Roy Delgado, makes unique, handcrafted wall hangings and dream catchers using macrame techniques with beautiful muted colors and metals, inspired by the architecture, art and nature of the island.
- Brave Soles – Based in the north coast of the Dominincan Republic, Brave Soles repurposes tires that were filling garbage dumps, which spread diseases, and turned them into beautiful sandals and bags. Shop for quality shoes and accessories for your loved ones and help to create a better future for people and the environment in the Dominican Republic.
- Laadi Designs – With a mission to leave a lasting, positive footprint, Laadi Designs brings high quality, handmade sandals and bags to the conscious consumer. Products are made by artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico, who use traditional weaving methods and designs. $1 for every sale with Laadi goes directly to She’s the First, providing scholarships to girls all over the world, supporting their growth as future global leaders.
- Siestas for Fiesta – Siestas for Fiestas is a boutique blanket shop that sources textiles directly from Mexico and handcrafts all products in Los Angeles, CA. For each blanket sold, a Christmas meal is provided to a family living in poverty in Cancun, Mexico.
- Artesanas Campesinas – A cooperative of women artisans in Tecalpulco, Mexico. Artisans in this area have long been creating the silver and abalone jewelry that you see here. Their jewelry pieces include earrings, bracelets, and barrettes made with semi-precious stones, shells, and miniature flowers dried in resin and set in silver alloys.
- Trade Aid – Using traditional skills, master artisans in a small town of Mexico started their own silver jewelry cooperative to benefit the community and increase employment opportunities. Stemming the flow of migrants to the U.S.A, Unión Progresista Artesanal (UPA) artisans successfully design, produce and sell their own unique jewelry to fair trade markets around the world.
- Haiti Design Co – Connect with local artisans in Haiti through your purchase of handmade gifts from Haiti Design Co. Designers work with artisans to make high quality jewelry, homeware, leather bags and more – everything boasting a contemporary aesthetic with traditional Haitian flair. Your purchase from Haiti Design Co. directly supports their work in creating jobs, providing professional and life skill building and wellness programs so that local artisans have a stable income and strong, supportive community.
- Share Hope – Buy Share Hope’s signature black leggings to elevate your “work from home” wardrobe. All sales go directly to Share Hope’s employees and to holistic social programs that support their quality of life. When you shop with Share Hope, you partner with a company that questions the status quo of living wages in Haiti and the treatment of factory workers.
- Karama Collection – With its beginnings in Ethiopia and now four other countries in Africa, Karama Collections has since expanded to Haiti. The organization is grown from a desire to provide dignified, meaningful work for artisans in Africa. From holiday gifts to jewelry and quality leather bags, Karama Collection might just be the one stop shop for everyone on your holiday gift list.
- Made Global – Born out of a desire to build human connection in the products we buy, Made Global sources sustainably made, quality products from artisans all over the world and shares stories of local artisans and makers while doing it. With everything from jewelry to homeware and bedding to gifts for children, Made Global has a varied unique online shop. Every item comes with a story of who, how and where it was made from.
- Caribbean Craft – Offering a collection of stunning and unique home decor pieces, handcrafted by a talented artisan community in Haiti. Perfect gifts, home decor and collectibles. This handmade home decor collection will make your house beautiful while helping the artisans of Haiti.
- Askanya – Did you know that Haitian cacao is ranked as some of the best worldwide? Askanya is the best place to shop for the chocolate lovers in your life! Shop online for delicious chocolate bars made from cacao beans grown by local farmers on the Nord of Haiti.
- Deux Mains – Use your purchasing power to support this fantastic sustainable, eco-friendly and ethical brand in Haiti. Send everyone on your list this year handmade gifts from Deux Mains. Their products are made by local artisans in small batches using repurposed and locally sourced materials.
- ViBella – Each product from ViBella is carefully crafted and made by artisans in Haiti and Mexico. Your purchase positively impacts those in need by creating steady employment and healthy working conditions.