Gibb's Farm is an old colonial farmhouse and coffee plantation sitting high atop the Great Rift Valley near the Ngorongoro Crater - an idyllic respite from a Tanzania safari.
What we love
- A tour of the lush vegetable garden is a must, and so is sampling their incredible farm-grown coffee!
- Stretch your legs between game drives with walks, hikes, and cave exploration in the crater forest.
- Rooms are gorgeous and spacious with fabulous bathtubs and outdoor showers surrounded by tropical plants.
Need help getting started?
Our expert travel designers will learn about your trip ideas and custom design your perfect adventure!
Need help designing your safari?
Perched on the outer slopes of the Ngorongoro Crater highlands, Gibb's Farm offers extensive views over the lush and beautiful agricultural country and easy access to the Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha, and the Serengeti. Built by German settlers in the early 20th century, it has retained that old-world and rustic charm for a true home away from home feel.
Guest cottages with wraparound windows, private verandas, and luxurious outdoor showers each have their own theme and plenty of cozy touches. The food is delicious with a coffee plantation, an organic fruit, vegetable and herb garden, and an on-site dairy and bakery surrounding Gibb’s Farm, providing the wonderful ingredients for the farm-to-table cuisine. Take a walking or cycling tour to experience the rich culture of nearby villages and the unique plants, animals and rare birds that call the region home.
- The operation of the entire organic farm is based upon sustainable farming methods.
- 90% of the food served is grown on the farm.
- 90% of their hot water is heated using solar power.
- All buildings and furniture are built on site using local materials and local labor.